Led by another stellar running performance from running backs Gary Bragg and Jakim McKinney, the Mountain Pointe Pride took the overall lead in the annual Ahwatukee Bowl with a 21-16 lead over Desert Vista Thursday night at Desert Vista High School.
Rivalries often develop between two teams or two individuals, but when two high school teams share the same community, it adds even more meaning to a game.
It’s an annual event that draws close to 10,000 people, pits two of the best high school football teams in Arizona against each other and showcases some of the best talent in the state.
Desert Vista has outlined the student pickup and dropoff area as well as parking lots for the Tukee Bowl. Spectators can park in the student lot, but once it is filled, the gates will be closed and all overflow parking will be directed to the church lot and the park. Phoenix Police will be c…
Both the Pride and Thunder are loaded with talent. Here are a few to watch on the field Thursday.
Best of Ahwatukee
- Motorsports lover lost everything in dune buggy accident
- Local man plans last bike trip with dad
- Club West deal collapses as builder pulls out
- Mandan Street homeowners upset with flood control plan
- Pride wrestling rallies for cancer-stricken coach
- FatCats bowled over by regional popularity
- Boomers facing serious problem as they age
- A chance for boys, parents to give back and bond
- Soaring health costs impacting Kyrene employees
- Writers groups offer rewarding social supports
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.