The community celebration of Tempe Town Lake’s 20th anniversary won’t just be a look back. It also is a preview of what lies ahead.
Former U.S. Sen. John Kyl will speak Thursday at Desert Vista High School - and the students who arranged for his visit want people to know he’s not just there to address them and their classmates.
Early 20th century – Dams upstream from Mesa restrict flow of the Salt River; the dry riverbed becomes the site of landfills, quarry mines and industrial businesses.
The grand vision of a restored Salt River channel through the Valley didn’t die when Maricopa County voters rejected the Rio Salado project in 1987.
Kyrene Schools Superintendent Dr. Jan Vesely surprised 22 teachers in Ahwatukee schools with special visits and commendations for their students’ exceptional performance in AzMerit tests.
As about 200 people formally celebrated the 25th anniversary of the Ahwatukee Foothills Chamber of Commerce, the unspoken message might have echoed Mark Twain’s famous statement.
The Arizona Interscholastic Association decided not to punish any team named in the Mountain Pointe High School email scandal but did express concern that the story didn’t surface sooner.
Best of Ahwatukee
- Rich Wellbrock resigning as Mountain Pointe football coach
- State gives high grades to most Ahwatukee schools
- Coyotes kill 3 Ahwatukee pets in backyards in month
- Dominant second half leads Desert Vista to playoff win over Basha
- Kyrene teachers in Ahwatukee saluted for AzMerit scores
- Annual Ahwatukee Car Show helps wounded warriors
- ADOT inches closer to huge I-10 overhaul
- South Mountain Freeway named after Ed Pastor
- Pastor Steve retires from Esperanza Lutheran
- Former GOP Sen. John Kyl speaking at Desert Vista High Nov. 7
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.