Gov. Doug Ducey last week defended indoor political rallies with thousands of people without masks even as he admitted the only way Arizona will stop the upward trend of infections is if people mask up and stay home. But now he has toughened the policy on other places where people gather.
Attorney General Mark Brnovich is going to begin enforcing Arizona’s civil rights laws against private employers who discriminate based on someone’s sexual orientation.
Gila River Hotels & Casinos has shut down for two weeks to review safety standards and disinfect properties after the COVID-19 related death last week of a security employee.
Ahwatukee Foothills News Digital Editions
Class of 2020
AFN Newcomers Guide
AFN Real Estate Guide
Ahwatukee native Mallory Yee and her two partners last year founded a business that likely will take on a greater meaning as the COVID-19 pandemic wears on.
Since 2009, I have typically given at least 40 talks per year and thousands have attended my financial seminars. Many have seen me for a consultation on their taxes, investments, and retirement planning and I’ve noticed that no more than 2 percent have more than $30,000 in a Roth IRA account.
Class of 2020
- Ducey OK with unmasked rallies, not bar patrons
- Tempe Union relents, will give students a 5-day in-class option
- Mt. Pointe senior tells board: SROs aren’t the problem
- Ahwatukee teen honored for her philanthropy
- Stress-free hair salon caters to kids
- Inspire Kids Montessori marks a decade here
- ‘Roller coaster’ time for new Ahwatukee burger joint
- Ahwatukee mom, 2 others, focus on childhood issues
- School budgets feeling impact of the pandemic
- Towards a more supportive and safe environment
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT...
I understand that for many of you, TUHSD’s June 17 study session felt like a gut punch and you likely spent the evening and remainder of the week venting your concerns and frustrations to everyone, while trying to rally everyone against the district.
Desert Vista High School administration has recommended the termination of Gino Crump as Thunder boys' basketball coach, according to the Tempe Union High School District. Read more
The Mountain Pointe Baseball team held its annual Alumni Q&A and Home Run Derby Saturday, which featured the current team and current/former MLB players who played for the Pride. Read more