Report on the news that matters to your community and don't let us miss a beat. Send in your stories and photos.
My Recent Comments
Sorry to hear about Ms. Waters' Father-in-law, but she has a long record of not voting on controversial bills, including:
* SB-1070, Arizona’s immigration law (Passed 35-21, Waters did not vote)
* HB-2400, which defined the term “Partial Birth Abortion” and set penalties for those performing the procedure (Passed 37-19, Waters did not vote)
* HB-2564, which established a 24-hour waiting period for abortions, among other abortion-related provisions (Passed 36-19, Waters did not vote)
* HB-2250, which provided tax cuts to businesses to create jobs (Passed 34-25, Waters did not vote)
* SB-1025, which eliminated the State Property Tax (Passed 32-15, Waters did not vote)
On at least one of these occasions she voted on other bills on the same day.
When the going gets tough, Rae Waters votes 'Present'
Remind you of anyone?Oct 29, 2010
If you and/or your neighbors REALLY care about kids you'd mention that Ms. Waters' has a 100% approval rating from Planned Parenthood.
Rae Waters only cares about kids who have already been born.Oct 27, 2010
No "bio" of Jon Levenson is complete without mentioning that he may be facing criminal charges for his incompetence in his first term in office.
Jon Levenson has been censured 6 times by the Constable Ethics board. He is the only incumbent Constable to have ANY censures, let alone 6.
Brandon Schmoll has done a great job of documenting Jon Levenson's incompetence on his website.
All Democrats and Independents should check out Brandon's website prior to voting for Constable. Public Safety is not a Partisan Issue.
Oh, and the bio of Jon Levenson forgot to mention that his primary qualification for the job was that he used to be a cage fighter.Oct 26, 2010
Anyone who thinks passing Prop 203 is a good idea should look at the mess it's created in other states.Oct 25, 2010
Blah blah blah, Fox News is evil.Oct 19, 2010
Pat, I think you are literally the only person out there that is still defending Harry Mitchell. You've been in his commercials, you've written letters to every newspaper. It's kind of sad really. Does anyone support Harry Mitchell besides Pat Thielen?Oct 16, 2010
Jon - Nice try, but this goes way beyond "not making people happy." 6 Censures?
You should do the right thing, man up, and resign.
If you don't, I pray the voters do it for you.
What a loser.Oct 2, 2010