Every year the people of Ahwatukee have a great opportunity to vote for the Best Of Ahwatukee hosted by The Ahwatukee Foothills News.
Over the past several years we have worked to automate the voting process. Keep in mind just a few years back we were counting votes from hand-written ballots. Even last year we had a very manual system of voting.
Well, welcome to 2013. We have added digital software to make the voting process 100 percent automated. No more setting up computers, taking pictures of your voting stations and sending it to AFN. This year the voting process will be 100 percent on ahwatukee.com. In addition, the voting will now be accessible on any mobile device in addition to the website.
The first thing you’ll notice when you get to the voting page is that we have pre-populated lists for most categories to make the voting experience a one-click process, unless you’d like to write in your own.
We made sure to include those who have placed in the top five categories for the past three years in those lists. New categories we have added this year and returning categories such as “Best Restaurant” that are just too broad to list all of them have remained strictly write-ins.
Speaking of new categories, we thought of a few fun “bests” to spotlight this year. You’ll notice in the dining/entertainment section we’ve added “Best BBQ” to highlight those restaurants that specialize in home cookin’.
In the services section we’ve added “Best Place to Buy a Vehicle” since there are so many dealerships nearby.
In the education section we’ve expanded on the “Best Teacher” category and created “Best High School Teacher,” “Best Elementary/Middle School Teacher,” as well as “Best Childcare.”
Finally in the business services section we thought it would be fun to honor not only the businesses that treat their customers well but their employees too. That’s why we’ve created the “Best Place to Work” category, which will receive a large feature story in the Best Of publication, similar to the “Best New Business” and “Best ‘Mom and Pop’” stories we’ve done in the past.
Our goal and commitment to Ahwatukee is to be as fair and as accurate as possible. Below are the rules that will be in place for the 2013 Best Of:
The Ahwatukee Foothills News (hereinafter referred to as AFN) Best Of voting will run from 12 midnight Nov. 18 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Dec. 22. Visit the 2013 Best Of official page at ahwatukee.com/best_of to count your vote.
• Voters will be required to enter a valid email address and password in order to submit their vote.
• Once in the Best Of voting page submit your vote by clicking on the vote button or by writing in the open text box. The open text box entries WILL count as a vote.
• Submissions will only be accepted through the contest on www.ahwatukee.com/best_of.
• AFN reserves the right to qualify all entries for eligibility.
• Limit one vote per category, per email address, per day.
AFN reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual/organization it finds to be acting in violation of the official rules:
• Tampering with the operation of the voting process.
• Any emails we determine to be duplicated or fraudulent will be disqualified.
• You may not assign your right to vote to anyone else.
• Businesses, organizations and individuals are not permitted to fill out or submit ballots on behalf of their employees, customers or anyone else — with or without their consent and will be disqualified.
Winners will be determined by the total number of votes received online during the voting period. First place, two runner ups and honorable mentions will be awarded for each category and published in AFN’s annual Best Of publication on Jan. 24, 2014. In the event of a tie both businesses will receive awards.
We hope this will be a great year for voting, participation and an accurate outcome from the people of Ahwatukee. The Ahwatukee Foothills News appreciates the readers’ input and our goal to make this the best “Best Of” yet.
For questions regarding Best Of Ahwatukee, please contact Kent Johnson, Ahwatukee Foothills News publisher, at email@example.com.
• Contact writer: (480) 898-7901 or firstname.lastname@example.org.