Led by another stellar running performance from running backs Gary Bragg and Jakim McKinney, the Mountain Pointe Pride took the overall lead in the annual Ahwatukee Bowl with a 21-16 lead over Desert Vista Thursday night at Desert Vista High School.
Rivalries often develop between two teams or two individuals, but when two high school teams share the same community, it adds even more meaning to a game.
It’s an annual event that draws close to 10,000 people, pits two of the best high school football teams in Arizona against each other and showcases some of the best talent in the state.
Desert Vista has outlined the student pickup and dropoff area as well as parking lots for the Tukee Bowl. Spectators can park in the student lot, but once it is filled, the gates will be closed and all overflow parking will be directed to the church lot and the park. Phoenix Police will be c…
Both the Pride and Thunder are loaded with talent. Here are a few to watch on the field Thursday.
Best of Ahwatukee
- Club West deal collapses
- Husband goes on trial for Ahwatukee wife’s slaying
- At 24 years, Caffe Boa still going strong here
- Pride ready to take next step in second year of Wellbrock era
- Ahwatukee property owners’ taxes to rise
- Be...An Artist owner hits road, closes shop
- Pride track and field coach Larry Thomas dies at 45
- 2 of 3 Lakes judges seeking high court seat
- Brother barbers cut into local business scene
- 6 common myths about child support in Arizona
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.