ahwatukee.com on Facebook
- Main Street
Arts & Life
- Special Sections
Displaying results 1 - 25 of 175 for manhattan. Subscribe to this search
1. On Feb. 25 at 8:45 a.m. police took a stolen bicycle report in the 2700 block of East Brookwood Court.
Water safety incidents in Phoenix dropped each of the past two years, thanks in part to a concerted effort to educate the community. But a toddler drowned in a backyard pool last week, kick starting the awareness effort once again.
1. On Feb. 13 at 2:15 a.m. police took a harassment report in the 4900 block of East Ray Road.
James Bond without his martini? "The Big Lebowski" dude without his White Russian? Unthinkable.
1. On Feb. 4 at 12:36 p.m. police took a residential burglary report in the 3500 block of East Windsong Drive.
Regarding “Drive with consideration on Pecos Road” by David Daggett (AFN, Feb. 12): AMEN, AMEN, AMEN! Daggett hits it right on the head. The south Phoenix Autobahn, otherwise known as Pecos Road, is full of people each morning who are on their way to events infinitely more important than the rest of us.
FILE - In this Monday, Nov. 30, 1987 file photo, U.S. Surgeon General C. Everett Koop sits with elementary school students at P.S. III in the Manhattan borough of New York to warn them of the dangers of smoking. In 1984, Koop called for a "smoke-free society" by the year 2000. (AP Photo/Richard Drew)
1. On Jan. 22 at 10:40 a.m. police took a residential burglary report in the 3900 block of East Nambe Street.
Ahwatukee resident Yulee Kim has been burning the midnight oil in preparations for her orchestra performance at Carnegie Hall in New York.
In a year so rich with captivating cinema, it feels almost criminal to try and narrow it down to a mere 10 favorites.
1. On Dec. 8 at 5:45 a.m. in the 2400 block of East Glenhaven Drive police took a burglary from vehicle report.
A 32-year-old male is facing kidnapping and aggravated assault charges after allegedly carjacking an elderly couple in Ahwatukee on Saturday.
Can there be too much of a good thing? Where did that expression come from, anyway? If it's good, isn't more always better?
1. On Nov. 30 at 4 a.m. police took a burglary report in the 4400 block of East Dry Creek Road.
Perhaps no vocal group in America – other than the Beach Boys – have been as celebrated as The Manhattan Transfer. Over the last four decades, the quartet has racked up a dozen Grammy Awards, sold millions of albums and made Grammy Award history in 1981 when they became the first group in both pop and jazz categories in the same year.
Light displays around Ahwatukee Foothills can be seen in one night from the comfort of a bicycle during the JingleLIGHTS Holiday Bike Ride.
1. On Nov. 18 at 3:30 p.m. police took a loss report in the 4600 block of East Summerhaven Drive.
Moving is a stressful process and searching high and low for something as simple as boxes only further complicates things.
1. On Oct. 21 at 8:30 a.m. police took a criminal damage report in the 16600 block of South 35th Street.
1. On Oct. 7 at 1:36 p.m. police took an identity theft report in the 10200 block of South 46th Street.
Phoenix police believe jaywalking and drinking may be to blame for a man being hit by a car in Ahwatukee Monday night.
1. On Sept. 23 at 1:22 a.m. police made a DUI arrest in the 4800 block of East Warner Road.
1. On Sept. 16 at 5 a.m. in the 15800 block of East 48th Street police took a report of interfering with judicial proceedings.
1. On Sept. 9 in the 2400 block of East Rocky Slope Drive police took a report of a stolen license plate.