ahwatukee.com on Facebook
- Main Street
Arts & Life
- Special Sections
Old Crow Medicine Show
PGA Professionals in the Southwest Section of the PGA of America will host a PGA H.O.P.E. (Helping Our Patriots Everywhere) training session, introducing golf to veterans with physical and mental disabilities.
1. On Aug. 25 at 10:18 p.m. police took a residential burglary report in the 3400 block of East Equestrian Trail.
Streets across Ahwatukee experienced massive flooding Monday morning, while some schools in the area closed for the day or saw delays due to adverse weather.
The Southwest Institute of Montessori Studies, housed at Ahwatukee’s Keystone Montessori School, is beginning its fourth year of training its students to become Montessori instructors
The outcome of the race for governor could turn on who can scare the middle class more, especially over the high cost of college.
Football tends to get all of the attention around this time of year, especially at Arizona State University, where expectations on the gridiron are high.
Dave Allen, a 30-year Ahwautukee resident passed away on Aug. 7.
1. On July 21 at 8:15 p.m. police took an attempted shoplifting report in the 4000 block of East Chandler Boulevard.
The city of Phoenix Water Services Department and its contractor, Sellers & Sons, will begin installing a 12-inch waterline on Monday, July 14. Crews will start on Desert Foothills Parkway in the northbound lanes and then proceed east in the two eastbound lanes of Chandler Boulevard to 19th Way. The work will then move north on 19th Way toward the booster pump station near the end of the road.
Kyrene School District’s governing board gave the OK to fix some critical roadways at several schools when it approved the 2014-15 Proposed Budget and Identification of Insurance and Condemnation Proceeds by a 3-1 vote during Tuesday evening’s governing board meeting.
1. On June 20 at 12:40 p.m. police took a report of a traffic accident with serious injuries in the 3800 block of East Mountain Sky Avenue.
Editor’s note: This is the final in a two-part series on the history of the Ahwatukee streets.
In the beginning there was dirt — and roads that were mere afterthoughts of other East Valley cities. For the most part, they didn’t lead to much of anywhere, as they dustily meandered west toward South Mountain.
1. On June 16 at 10:20 a.m., police took a possession of dangerous drugs report in the 4900 block of East Elliot Road.
The top aide to Attorney General Tom Horne has selected two attorneys who have donated to Horne to investigate whether Horne and others in the office have been conducting his reelection campaign on state time with state resources.
1. On June 9 at 2 a.m., police took a criminal damage report in the 4100 block of East Monte Way.
1. On June 2 at 12:40 a.m. police took a shoplifting report in the 3600 block of East Ray Road.
Since 1995, Keystone Montessori in Ahwatukee has been offering its students a Montessori education.
Question: What exactly is net neutrality and how does it affect me or my business?
1. On May 25 at 2 a.m. police took a theft report in the 16700 block of South 22nd Street.
The Gilbert Chamber of Commerce has whittled down the contenders for its annual businesses awards to a collection of finalists.
The final plans for Lennar Homes to be built in Ahwatukee Foothills at 17th Avenue and Liberty Lane have been approved by the Phoenix City Council.
1. On May 19 at 2:50 a.m. police took a domestic violence assault report in the 8800 block of South Pointe Parkway.
Abella A Chuck