ahwatukee.com on Facebook
- Main Street
Arts & Life
Arts & Life
- Special Sections
Displaying results 1 - 25 of 203 for fraud. Subscribe to this search
1. On Feb. 18 at 11:10 a.m. police took a criminal damage report in the 11000 block of South 51st Street.
NEW THIS WEEK
I found out Feb. 11 that since April 2013, Medicare granted itself a 2 percent discount from doctors and medical providers with a contract with Medicare. They then sent AARP United Healthcare a form with the full payment so my supplemental insurance also did not pay the 2 percent. Meanwhile, the discrepancy had a note that local state and federal law required an adjustment.
1. On Feb. 4 at 12:36 p.m. police took a residential burglary report in the 3500 block of East Windsong Drive.
1. On Jan. 22 at 10:40 a.m. police took a residential burglary report in the 3900 block of East Nambe Street.
1. On Jan. 15 at 1 p.m. police took a stolen vehicle report in the 13200 block of South 48th Street.
“To all the victims of human trafficking out there: We have not forgotten you. To the criminal traffickers, say: Your days are numbered,” Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer said during her State of the State Address as she signed an order to abolish CPS.
1. On Jan. 7 at 10 p.m. in the 4800 block of East Ray Road police took a report of a fictitious license plate.
In a rebuff to state officials, the head of the federal Elections Assistance Commission has rejected Arizona's request to require proof of citizenship by those using a federal form to register to vote.
1. On Dec. 31 at 5:40 a.m. police recovered a stolen vehicle in the 10600 block of South 44th Street.
James Rough, associate director in the Disputes and Investigations practice at Navigant Consulting, has been voted to a three-year term on the Valley Youth Theatre (VYT) board of directors.
1. On Dec. 16 at 2:30 p.m. police took a theft report in the 4200 block of east Ray Road.
Unable to get elected governor in three tries, Democrat Terry Goddard is now hoping to get to the state's No. 2 spot.
ARC Bylaws dated Nov. 2, 2009 read as follows: “Prior to initiation of a petition for a special membership meeting, the ARC members desiring the special meeting, shall request a meeting with the ARC Board of Directors to review and discuss the proposed petition.”
The state Court of Appeals will not order new procedures for how Pima County — and potentially others — handle and count their ballots in future elections.
A New Year’s Eve opening means the audience will get some extras at “Cash on Delivery” at Hale Centre Theatre.
LOS ANGELES — Digging into deep-pocket gluttony, Martin Scorsese's dark comedy "The Wolf of Wall Street" highlights a world rich in drugs, fast cars and private jets. The American dream is amplified, yet those indulging in it are never satisfied.
1. On Nov. 18 at 3:30 p.m. police took a loss report in the 4600 block of East Summerhaven Drive.
Tired of getting email solicitations from Nigerian princes and Romanian bank presidents promising you millions of dollars if you will only give them your birthday, your Social Security number and bank account information? Not to worry. Those pesky emails will soon become a thing of the past. Why you may ask? Well because you will soon be giving all that “private” information and “more” to Obamacare’s so-called “navigators”.
1. On Oct. 21 at 8:30 a.m. police took a criminal damage report in the 16600 block of South 35th Street.
A DUI charge can happen to anyone, according to Ahwatukee Foothills attorney Melanie Beauchamp. Her new book is a how-to for those trying to get through the process.
1. On Sept. 30 at 6:15 a.m. police found a missing juvenile in the 3800 block of East Gold Finch Gate Lane.
I was looking through all the emails and phone messages you’ve sent, trying to come up with ways you could avoid most scams.
1. On Sept. 2 at 2 a.m. police responded to an order of protection violation call in the 15800 block of South 48th Street.
The program is called “Home in Five for Maricopa County.”