Tuesday, April 23, 2013 11:00 am
- Police took a report of a single vehicle car accident around 8 a.m. on April 9 near the 2500 block of East Thunderhill Place. A 16-year-old driver lost control of her vehicle and crashed into a large saguaro cactus, demolishing the cactus. There were no injuries but the driver was cited for failure to control speed to avoid collision. The saguaro was on the side of the road and was valued at more than $6,000. The driver’s car, a 2008 Ford Mustang, was totaled.
- At 9 p.m. on April 9 near the 9600 block of South 46th Street an adult female was arrested, accused of knowingly striking her mother.
- Police responded to a call of an abandoned motorcycle on April 10 at 5:30 a.m. in the desert near Pecos and 40th Street. The 2011 Honda Sport motorcycle was stolen and abandoned.
- On April 12 at 8:45 p.m. police took a report of an identity theft in the 4600 block of East Lavender Lane. The victim claimed someone had gotten a hold of their Social Security number and information and used their credit cards. At 9:40 p.m. on April 12 police responded to a shoplifting call near the 4600 block of East Chandler Boulevard. An adult female was arrested. Police were called back to the area at 10:52 p.m. for a shoplifter in custody. When police made contact with the suspect they found he was also in possession of dangerous drugs. He was arrested.
- At 11:20 p.m. on April 12 police responded to a hit and run accident. A man is accused of driving eastbound in the westbound lanes on Ray Road near the 3100 block of East Ray Road. His car side swiped by another car. The person in that vehicle followed the driver who went to a home in the Equestrian Estates area. Police responded to the home and arrested the man for suspicion of driving impaired.
- At 12:45 p.m. on April 13 police got a call of a theft in the 5100 block of East Guadalupe Road. The victim said a person had taken furniture they had for sale without paying. Two suspects were identified. Between 1 and 2 p.m. police responded to a call of a theft from a residence near the 13800 block of South 44th Street on April 13. A suspect accused of stealing jewelry from the home has been identified.
- Around 4:30 p.m. on April 13 police responded to a burglary from vehicle near the 5000 block of East Ray Road. A house key and a package of cigarettes were taken.
- Police responded to a shoplifting incident at 8:30 p.m. on April 13 near the 4000 block of East Chandler Boulevard. The suspects exited the store without paying for two bottles of vodka. The suspects were not located.
- Police responded to a call of a runaway 16-year-old around 8:30 p.m. on April 14. The teen lived near the 5100 block of East La Puente Drive.
- Police responded to a domestic violence incident around 11:10 p.m. on April 14 near the 3400 block of East Chandler Boulevard. The incident was between an adult brother and sister. There were no arrests, but an order of protection will be issued.
- Police arrested an 18-year-old man for impaired driving around 2:47 a.m. on April 14 near the 1400 block of East Chandler Boulevard. Police received a report of a vehicle broken into on April 6 at the Pima Mountain Trailhead, 9400 South 48th Street. A 2012 Chevy Malibu was broken into and a wedding ring, purse, wallet and various tools were taken. Police estimate a loss of $1,600. Another vehicle was broken into at the same location on April 17 around 1 p.m. A diaper bag was taken from that vehicle.
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 10:31 am
Week of March 25 through April 1
Saturday, February 2, 2013 9:49 pm
The Pony League Mustang Division Cubs team closed out its undefeated season with a big win on Nov. 19. The championship Cubs team was headed to victory by coaches Joe Butkiewicz, Mike Walker, Derek Harada and manager Todd Selman.
Monday, December 10, 2012 3:00 pm
Nearly 400 teens drove around the pavement of neighboring Firebird International Raceway last week, texting while driving, spinning out in Mustangs and trying to navigate around orange cones as if they were “under the influence.”
Saturday, July 14, 2012 6:49 am
With a sweepstakes contest that goes through the summer, an Ahwatukee-based organization seeks to donate life-saving defibrillators to community centers, schools and churches.
Thursday, May 31, 2012 12:05 pm
The Ahwatukee Pony League Baseball Mustang Division was won by the Rockies last week after battling their way through the losers bracket with six straight wins.
Sunday, January 22, 2012 12:48 pm
Samantha Anderson of Ahwatukee Foothills modeled recently on the
runway at the Barrett-Jackson Kids and Teen Fashion Show. Anderson
was one of 10 young women shown for the teen show on Jan. 15. She
is a 15-year-old freshman at Desert Vista High School. The fashion
show took place as part of the Cox family fun day at the
Barrett-Jackson Car Auction, benefiting various Valley
Tuesday, July 5, 2011 5:00 pm
Jordan Lippens, 14, has been chosen as a state finalist in the
National American Miss Arizona state pageant taking place July 9
and 10 at the Doubletree Paradise Valley Hotel in Scottsdale. The
pageant is offered for girls ages 4-18 and has five different age
Tuesday, February 15, 2011 11:00 am
On Saturday, Nov.13th, 2010 the Mountain Pointe High School
hosted Ford's Drive One 4 UR School fund raising event. They had
nearly 200 drivers show to test drive one of 15 new Ford vehicles
from trucks to Mustangs to hybrids.
Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:00 am
While the nation’s economy may have stalled
out, Ahwatukee Foothills business owner Roger Falcione says his
auto trading Web site, ClassicCars.com, is revving on all