I was at a meet and greet in Ahwatukee a few weeks ago, listening to folks talk about some of the major issues that are affecting their everyday lives.
I love District 6 and the City of Phoenix. I know how fortunate I was to grow up in Ahwatukee in a wonderful neighborhood around the Lakes Golf Course, and I see the potential and character of North Central Phoenix as a great asset to our community.
Sal DiCiccio has lived in Ahwatukee for 34 years. He grew up here, riding dirt bikes in the desert and cruising the streets in his first car, a used Ford Pinto with no air-conditioning that he bought with money earned from his paper route.
The first – and possibly only – joint appearance in Ahwatukee of both City Council candidates for the seat representing the community will be held tonight, July 26, at Mountain Park Community Church.
Opponents of the South Mountain Freeway have asked an appellate court panel to prevent blasting and further bridge construction in the Ahwatukee segment of the controversial thoroughfare.
Foes of expanded school vouchers submitted on July 8 the signatures necessary to force a public vote on the plan, but lawmakers could move to undermine the referendum.
Tempe Union High School District is expecting a $23-million windfall and Ahwatukee residents could see a “new old-home neighborhood” after the district governing board approved the sale of a 63-acre site in the community.
The popular Pima Canyon trailhead at South Mountain Park will close for long-awaited renovations on Aug. 7, with Phoenix parks officials promising to preserve the natural landscape as much as possible.
As the new school year gets into full swing this week, teacher shortages are not nearly as high in Ahwatukee and the East Valley as experts say they are across Arizona.
Classifieds - Ads
- Kyrene board OKs K-8 campus plan
- Engineer-turned-Pilates instructor opens Ahwatukee studio
- Ahwatukee jeweler’s estate sale a trove of older treasure
- Ahwatukee site bid yields $23M for Tempe Union
- La Gattara Cat Café is a purr-fect stress reliever
- Local artist selected to contribute art for national fundraiser
- Ducey: No plans to removed Confederate monuments in Arizona
- Halt freeway work, opponents again ask court
- Former athlete hopes to help area patients with pain
- Some trees didn't make it during Pecos Road, Chandler Extension work
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.