The Junior Golf Association of Arizona (JGAA) is taking its game to another level. Under the leadership of Executive Director Scott McNevin, the JGAA announces its new board of directors to continue the forward momentum of the organization.
Community leader George Getz joins the JGAA as chairman of the board. Getz is president of the Globe Corporation, a diversified investment company, and also serves on the executive committee of the Arizona Diamondbacks. Getz is joined by Hugh Smith, executive director of the First Tee of Phoenix, who will serve as the board president. The board will be comprised of six additional prominent Valley figures:
• Chance Cozby, vice president of Sports Development, PING Golf.
• Alex Clark, partner, B.D., Baker Company and Thunderbirds representative.
• Phil Green, chief operating officer, OB Sports Golf Management.
• Melissa Luellen, head coach, Arizona State University Women’s Golf.
• Ron McPherson, president, Antigua.
• Gregg Tryhus, president and owner, Grayhawk Development.