Fall sports are winding down. Here are the dates for each sport:
• Football. Division I starts on Friday, Nov. 8 at higher seed and ends Saturday, Nov. 30 with a 3:30 p.m. (subject to change) kick-off at University of Phoenix Stadium.
• Girls Volleyball. Division I starts Tuesday, Nov. 5 at higher seed and ends Tuesday, Nov. 12 at Mesquite High at 7:45 p.m. Division IV starts Thursday, Nov. 7 at Tim’s Toyota Center in Prescott Valley and ends Saturday, Nov. 9 at 6 p.m.
• Badminton. Team tournament starts Monday with the top four seeds hosting and the finals on Oct. 31 at 6 p.m. at Sunnyslope.
• Cross country. Qualifying sectionals are either Nov. 1 or Nov. 2. All state races are on Saturday, Nov. 9 at Cave Creek Golf Course in Phoenix.
• Girls golf. Division I is Oct. 30-31 at Aguila Golf Course in Laveen.
• Boys golf. Division I is Nov. 1-2 at Aguila Golf Course in Laveen.
‘Wipeout’-style run hits Scottsdale
The Ridiculous Obstacle Challenge 5K Race will be on Nov. 2 at Salt River Fields. It is inspired by the television show, “Wipeout,” where contestants have to go through crazy obstacles, as runners will encounter the world’s largest water slide, a wrecking ball, the world’s largest moon bounce, Tarzan swing, and more.
It is an untimed event for ages 13 and up. The pre-registration cost is $70. Registration on the day of the race is $75.
For more information, go to www.rocrace.com.