While their older counterparts suffered a narrow, last-inning loss in the District 13 tournament, the Ahwatukee Little League 10-and-under all-stars won their district title in dominating style and advanced to the Arizona Little League State Tournament in Tucson.
Flames shoot into the air as cars cross the finish line in the first heat of the weekend race at Arizona Speedway in San Tan Valley.
It was a short but sweet run for Duane Eason as Mountain Pointe High basketball coach.
American youth are typically less active during the summer months than during the regular school year. On average, kids gain body fat and become less fit over the summer.
A tight game went back and forth, bringing wild emotional swings for the players and fans. But in the end, the Ahwatukee Little League 12-year-old all-star squad suffered a heartbreaking loss in the District 13 regional championship game.
Like most club-basketball summer teams, Arizona Divinity’s 14-and-under squad, with several Desert Vista prospects, plays tournaments nearly every weekend.
- Molestation arrest here puts spotlight on club sports
- She’s undaunted by Ahwatukee Farms’ collapse
- Police: Ahwatukee coach molested boys on club baseball team
- All seven candidates in LD18 House primary race to debate
- City seeks AG review of land deal after DiCiccio's criticism
- Ahwatukee 10-year-old All Stars rolling in tournament
- Photographer views Ahwatukee studio as a safe haven
- Dog owners should mind these tips to prevent ‘dry drowning’
- Eason leaves MP after dream season; Fauske interim coach
- Goldwater Institute demands punishing striking teachers
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.