August 12, 2014
Ahwatukee is well known for it's renowned beautiful lakes.
Today there was an additional waterbody: a flowing river bisecting 48th Street near the Ahwatukee Country Club.
This is video work by me showing some of the carnage. Many cars attempted fording the river; most drivers were successful. There was a few minor stalls in the river but thank God that there was no major accidents or injuries that I saw in the hours I was there recording.
[Blake Vital/Special to AFN]
As featured on
Storm damage at South Mountain Park has caused the city to close the Central Avenue entrance…
Classifieds - Ads
- Final PARC brief rips freeway planning as abuse of discretion
- True Life asks court to change golf course regs
- Desert Vista High, three Kyrene schools in Ahwatukee given A+ awards
- ASU honors unstoppable Mackenzie Saunders’ leadership on campus
- Tempe Union land sale could bring 178 homes to Ahwatukee site
- Ahwatukee Foothills Montessori opens new campus
- Entrepreneurs turned oats into big breakfast venture overnight
- Football journey brings Cody Sokol home to Rattlers
- Ahwatukee toddler’s blood disorder weighs heavily on her, parents
- Shakespeare caps season for Mountain Pointe High thespians
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.