August 12, 2014
Ahwatukee is well known for it's renowned beautiful lakes.
Today there was an additional waterbody: a flowing river bisecting 48th Street near the Ahwatukee Country Club.
This is video work by me showing some of the carnage. Many cars attempted fording the river; most drivers were successful. There was a few minor stalls in the river but thank God that there was no major accidents or injuries that I saw in the hours I was there recording.
[Blake Vital/Special to AFN]
As featured on
Storm damage at South Mountain Park has caused the city to close the Central Avenue entrance…
Classifieds - Ads
- Kyrene board OKs K-8 campus plan
- Engineer-turned-Pilates instructor opens Ahwatukee studio
- Ahwatukee jeweler’s estate sale a trove of older treasure
- Ahwatukee site bid yields $23M for Tempe Union
- La Gattara Cat Café is a purr-fect stress reliever
- Local artist selected to contribute art for national fundraiser
- Ducey: No plans to removed Confederate monuments in Arizona
- Halt freeway work, opponents again ask court
- Former athlete hopes to help area patients with pain
- Some trees didn't make it during Pecos Road, Chandler Extension work
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.