August 12, 2014
Ahwatukee is well known for it's renowned beautiful lakes.
Today there was an additional waterbody: a flowing river bisecting 48th Street near the Ahwatukee Country Club.
This is video work by me showing some of the carnage. Many cars attempted fording the river; most drivers were successful. There was a few minor stalls in the river but thank God that there was no major accidents or injuries that I saw in the hours I was there recording.
[Blake Vital/Special to AFN]
As featured on
Storm damage at South Mountain Park has caused the city to close the Central Avenue entrance…
- Wild Horse poised to spend millions on an entertainment district
- Promising retail growth seen in Ahwatukee area
- Oral arguments in freeway case likely in October, court advises
- Dogs’ bacterial disease can spread to humans, area vets warn
- Former DV basketball coach seeing success with Legion of Hoops
- Ahwatukee man adds ‘novelist’ to his many accomplishments
- Haboobs roll in with Arizona’s monsoon season
- Ahwatukee woman dresses in wedding gown for ‘divorce estate sale’
- Tillman Foundation honors local man
- Bureaucracy slows Pima Canyon trail head project
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.