Election Day in Ahwatukee wasn’t completely calm after a dust-up occurred when campaign workers were chased away from the Ahwatukee Recreation Center – a polling place – and campaign signs were ripped from the lawn around the center and tossed in the garbage.
Spending on campaign ads in Arizona reached a record $129 million this year, part of a national trend that saw cable and broadcast election ad spending top $3 billion for the first time in a midterm election cycle.
Calling it a matter of public safety, Gov. Doug Ducey wants all youngsters in Arizona public schools to be vaccinated against various childhood diseases.
The hallmarks of the North American monsoon are well-known to Arizonans, and new research indicates the storms have been a part of the Southwest’s climate for millions of years.
While many of their counterparts will be matching in Mesa or Phoenix, members of Ahwatukee’s only military service organization will be marking Veterans Day weekend in a bit less crowded atmosphere.
Ahwatukee authors Amy Fellner Dominy and Nate Evans are marking the release of their new children’s book, “Cookiesaurus Christmas” with – what else? – a cookie party.
The South Mountain Freeway will be getting an interchange at 32nd Street in Ahwatukee after all, the Arizona Department of Transportation announced today.
Three weeks into this flu season, the Arizona Department of Health Services already had confirmed 96 cases, slightly above last year’s numbers but close to three times the number of confirmed cases at this point in a typical year.
Legislative District 18 appeared to be turning all blue in early election returns Tuesday night early unofficial returns showed voters were returning State Sen. Sean Bowie and Rep. Mitzi Epstein to a second term and sending incumbent two-term Republican Rep. Jill Norgaard to defeat.
- ADOT to build 32nd Street interchange
- Poisoned owl prompts Ahwatukee woman’s plea
- Cyclists say street conditions pose a danger to them
- Gun-toting criminals are targeting police officers
- Third-seeded Desert Vista upset at home by Perry in 6A quarterfinals
- New spa slates grand opening Friday in Ahwatukee
- Early returns show LD18 getting bluer
- Valley fever storm brewing for Ahwatukee dogs
- ‘Ahwatukee Nutcracker’ producer eyes a new tradition
- MP ends difficult season in 6A quarterfinal loss to Chandler
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.