When the talk turns to immigration, my mind drifts to the days before the First World War, to my ancestors making the long journey by ship from Europe.
Sometimes we meet people on the worst day of their lives.
Growing up, my family had a ritual in the old apartment in Queens. Dinner at 6 served on our scratched-up glass table surrounded by four Formica chairs, followed by a half-hour of Walter Cronkite and the CBS Evening News.
I’m a small business owner. I offer accounting, CFO and CPA services to my clients, many of whom are other small businesses. I provide strategic and financial expertise to avoid risk, leverage opportunity, and maximize returns. In other words, I know good investments from bad ones.
There are days when it’s kind of mortifying to be a white person. Last Thursday was one of those days.
The 2018 legislative session concluded last week, capped off by a nearly 24-hour work day on the budget last Wednesday. This session was focused on K-12 education funding, as we sought to get our local schools and our teachers more support.
Our economy and quality of life depend on educating our future workforce well and educating the whole child. The education budget bill does not meet our education needs.
Everyone has bias; this reality is neither good nor bad. How bias connects with power and authority begets racism. Racism is messy, and anti-black bias in America is alive and well, even at Starbucks.
Red for Ed came to the Kyrene School District headquarters on April 11. A grandparent of four granddaughters who have attended Kyrene community public schools, I decided to attend the Red for Ed Rally.
Check out the thermometer or step outside. The mercury is inching upward and before you know it, we’ll be broiling for a few months.
Classifieds - Ads
- Molestation arrest here puts spotlight on club sports
- She’s undaunted by Ahwatukee Farms’ collapse
- Police: Ahwatukee coach molested boys on club baseball team
- All seven candidates in LD18 House primary race to debate
- City seeks AG review of land deal after DiCiccio's criticism
- Dog owners should mind these tips to prevent ‘dry drowning’
- Ahwatukee 10-year-old All Stars rolling in tournament
- Photographer views Ahwatukee studio as a safe haven
- Ahwatukee man saluted for barbershop quartet accomplishment
- Eason leaves MP after dream season; Fauske interim coach
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.