George Ferrin’s Guest Commentary “Socialism suffocates prosperity” in the Sept. 5 Ahwatukee Foothills News contains so much truth and insight into the economy, that it is almost unconceivable that the current administration is able to ignore the truth and can get away with their current shenanigans. Their unstated agenda of controlling our lives from the womb to the grave is just one more contributing factor to the fall of this great country.
There “Five Truths” that I have prominently displayed in my workspace. These truths need to be ingrained in the political attitudes, parties, etc., and understood by everyone in the U.S. These truths are:
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from someone else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation.
Then and only then may we get on the road to economic recovery.