Prompt response prevents Ahwatukee fire from spreading - Ahwatukee Foothills News: Letters To The Editor

default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
||
Logout|My Dashboard

Prompt response prevents Ahwatukee fire from spreading

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2012 3:58 pm

On March 7, Ahwatukee residents at the Windsor at Mountain Park Ranch apartments rallied their neighbors, equipped themselves with 10 fire extinguishers, and put out a stove fire that could have spread to other units within minutes.

A tenant cooking with grease decided to make a quick run to the store; before returning the pot and grease overheated and the stove caught fire.

Nearby neighbors saw the smoke pouring out of the kitchen window and civically alerted tenants (Windsor apartments come equipped with fire extinguishers). Within minutes, Windsor tenants, armed with 10 fire extinguishers, broke the kitchen window and started to put out the fire.

By this time, the fire department arrived and complimented Windsor at Mountain Park Ranch tenants for their quick thinking and prompt response.

The Phoenix Fire Department Support and Assistance Unit and Alliance Management were present to assist the family whose unit caught fire. Management requires all tenants to have insurance.

Sy Salahdeen

More about

  • Discuss

Facebook

ahwatukee.com on Facebook

Twitter

ahwatukee.com on Twitter

RSS

Subscribe to ahwatukee.com via RSS

RSS Feeds

Spacer4px

Uber Car

Ahwatukee Little League 11s win district title

Ahwatukee Little League Minors topped Chandler National North to win the District 13 title.

Despite excessive heat, some residents still active outside

By Jiahui Jia | Cronkite NewsFriday, June 24, 2016PHOENIX — It was 9 a.m. and the temperature had...

Online poll

Loading…
prev next