Prompt response prevents Ahwatukee fire from spreading - Ahwatukee Foothills News: Letters To The Editor

Prompt response prevents Ahwatukee fire from spreading

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2012 3:58 pm

On March 7, Ahwatukee residents at the Windsor at Mountain Park Ranch apartments rallied their neighbors, equipped themselves with 10 fire extinguishers, and put out a stove fire that could have spread to other units within minutes.

A tenant cooking with grease decided to make a quick run to the store; before returning the pot and grease overheated and the stove caught fire.

Nearby neighbors saw the smoke pouring out of the kitchen window and civically alerted tenants (Windsor apartments come equipped with fire extinguishers). Within minutes, Windsor tenants, armed with 10 fire extinguishers, broke the kitchen window and started to put out the fire.

By this time, the fire department arrived and complimented Windsor at Mountain Park Ranch tenants for their quick thinking and prompt response.

The Phoenix Fire Department Support and Assistance Unit and Alliance Management were present to assist the family whose unit caught fire. Management requires all tenants to have insurance.

Sy Salahdeen

More about

  • Discuss

Pride Football Preview 2014

The Mountain Pointe football program enters the 2014 season with a new standard for success af...

Facebook

ahwatukee.com on Facebook

Twitter

ahwatukee.com on Twitter

RSS

Subscribe to ahwatukee.com via RSS

RSS Feeds

Spacer4px

Pride Football Preview 2014

The Mountain Pointe football program enters the 2014 season with a new standard for success af...

Ahwatukee Flooded Street

August 12, 2014Ahwatukee is well known for it's renowned beautiful lakes.Today there was an addit...

Online poll

Loading…
prev next