There’s been a lot of talk lately about public officials, both elected and appointed, who don’t want to meet with people.
Last week, True Life – the developer that’s told us for a year that golf is dead – suddenly publicized its “estimate” to renovate the Ahwatukee Lakes Golf Course.
Wednesday afternoon in this Valley of ours, a snuff flick was broadcast live on TV and online.
A longtime friend and former colleague who teaches in the Kyrene School District told me the other day how she sent a letter to her boss, Superintendent Jan Vesely, that laid out the reasons she disagreed with a particular program.
I was recently presenting a black history program, “Animalization of Black Bodies: A History Lesson,” for a student group at my university. At the same time, just across town at a high school basketball game, white male students were taunting a black player on the opposing team with chest pounding, arm scratching and monkey sounds.
Had lunch with a buddy of mine last week. At least in body, if not in spirit. What I mean is, we ate burgers seated at the same table for 40 minutes. He spent most of that time checking his iPhone, firing off texts, tweets and Facebook comments.
One recent Sunday morning, I woke up to a text message from a coworker saying she’d been up all night with her mother in the emergency room.
The Ahwatukee411 Facebook team has created a related group to focus on the “ever-changing” nature of our Ahwatukee-Foothills community. The name of the Facebook group is, appropriately enough, Ahwatukee411 Ever-Changing Ahwatukee.
Classifieds - Ads
- For nearly $6.5 million, you can buy Ahwatukee ‘empty nest’
- Phoenix Police bolster regular presence in Ahwatukee
- Freeway work rolls into new phase as interim Pecos Road opens April 3
- Ahwatukee man has a big role in the thing that tests motorists’ patience
- Coyote sightings increasing in Ahwatukee neighborhoods
- An open letter to the women of Ahwatukee
- Ahwatukee man, killer were doing drugs before slaying
- Police probing link between slain Ahwatukee salesman and ex-con who killed him
- Ron Paul urges Arizona to exempt gold coins from tax
- HOA boards can create more than enough problems for residents
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.