I have been in a blue funk since the Charlottesville uprising. I have been in this kind of funk too many times now because if in fact Black Lives Matter, how do we explain and morally and spiritually reconcile the deaths of Tamir Rice holding a toy gun (2014), of Jordan Davis playing music t…
It was a massive rowhouse fire on a tight street in Trenton, New Jersey, a block of older houses connected by a common attic and burning like kindling, that taught me a cardinal rule of journalism. This was 23 years ago, so some nuances have faded, but I remember word-for-word the question from our newspaper’s hard-ass publisher.
The neurosurgeon speaking about the glioblastoma assailing Sen. John McCain described this form of brain tumor using terms like “aggressive” and “relentless,” a warrior force that can be slowed down, stymied for the time being, but never defeated.
Many Ahwatukee residents now believe that not only is the South Mountain Freeway a “done deal” but also that the lawsuit contesting it is over.
Two tales teeming with cruelty happened side by side last week, as if to present an object lesson in human beings’ nearly endless capacity to act without thinking. The second story, the more tragic of the two, filled Wednesday’s newscasts.
If there is one topic that unites Ahwatukee Foothills, it's education – our great schools and how to support them.
When I was a young man growing up in Ahwatukee, I made the typical mistakes young people do.
It’s tough this time of year to get one’s head around an election.
When the Hollywood studio execs phone to inquire about when and why a lifelong movie freak would permanently give up on their product, the days after Fourth of July 2017 will figure prominently. That was when my personal breaking point finally occurred, along about the millionth time I thought, “Gee, maybe there’s a decent movie playing,” only to be reminded once again that the movie industry has completely run out of ideas.
Classifieds - Ads
- Ahwatukee jeweler’s estate sale a trove of older treasure
- La Gattara Cat Café is a purr-fect stress reliever
- Kyrene board OKs K-8 campus plan
- ABM apologizes for, rescinds board election screening
- Ahwatukee group seeks to involve local boys in charitable activities
- Mountain Pointe makes early statement in rout of O'Connor
- DV grad plumbs a mystery of the brain
- Ahwatukee Crime Watch revving up meetings with police
- Hut, hut! Pride, Thunder ready for the 2017 season
- DiCiccio: ‘Look to Ahwatukee's successes'’
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.