The amount of East Valley players in the NFL might be somewhere near an all-time high.
The tally is at 13 by our count after scouring rosters assuming we didn’t miss a name or two.
Chandler has four players on rosters, although Dion Jordan of Miami hasn’t played in two years because of drug suspensions and knee surgeries, while Hamilton is next with two players.
The positions are broken down to two quarterbacks, one running back, one tight end, one wide receiver, three offensive lineman, three defensive linemen and two linebackers.
Here is a look at the individuals and regular season stats when available:
* Ryan Fitzpatrick (Highland/New York Jets)
According to the Arizona Republic, Fitzpatrick became the all-time leader for career touchdown passes for anyone connected to Arizona via their high school or college teams with 166, surpassing Jake Plummer (161).
It was about the only thing to celebrate this year for Fitzpatrick, who signed a contract late, struggled and was in and out of the lineup.
He completed 56.6 percent of his passes in 14 games for 2,710 yards with 12 touchdowns and 17 interceptions.
* Brett Hundley (Chandler/Green Bay)
Played sparingly behind MVP candidate Aaron Rodgers as he completed 2 of 10 passes for 17 yards with an interception.
* Paul Perkins (Chandler/NY Giants)
The rookie from UCLA became more involved in the Giants’ offense as the season wore on including 102 yards on 21 carries in the regular season finale. He finished the year with 112 carries for 456 yards and 15 catches for 162 heading into the playoffs.
* Devon Kennard (Desert Vista/NY Giants) had 61 tackles and a sack.
* Cameron Jordan (Chandler/Saints) finished with 58 tackles and 7.5 sacks.
* Terrell Suggs (Hamilton/Ravens) had 35 tackles, eight sacks to rank 21st in NFL history with 114.5 sacks.
* Kyler Fackrell (Mesa/Packers) had 19 tackles and two sacks in 13 games in rookie year.
* Dion Jordan (Chandler/Dolphins) missed his second straight full season because off the field situations.
* Braedon Bowman (Skyline/NY Jets/free agent) played in the Jets first three games without a catch and then was released.
* Markus Wheaton (Chandler/Pittsburgh) shoulder injury shortened season to three games where he had four catches for 51 yards and a TD.
* Alex Lewis (Mountain Pointe/Ravens) held his own as a guard with Baltimore, but a concussion and high-ankle sprain limited him to nine games after winning a starting spot in preseason camp as a fourth-round pick.
* Andrus Peat (Corona del Sol/Saints) played in 15 games in his second year, and finished the year as the starting left guard.
* Christian Westermann (Hamilton/Bengals) was inactive most weeks for the Bengals after being selected in the fourth round in the June draft.
* Contact writer: (480) 898-7915 or email@example.com. Follow him Twitter @JasonPSkoda