There are days when it’s kind of mortifying to be a white person. Last Thursday was one of those days.
The 2018 legislative session concluded last week, capped off by a nearly 24-hour work day on the budget last Wednesday. This session was focused on K-12 education funding, as we sought to get our local schools and our teachers more support.
Our economy and quality of life depend on educating our future workforce well and educating the whole child. The education budget bill does not meet our education needs.
Everyone has bias; this reality is neither good nor bad. How bias connects with power and authority begets racism. Racism is messy, and anti-black bias in America is alive and well, even at Starbucks.
Red for Ed came to the Kyrene School District headquarters on April 11. A grandparent of four granddaughters who have attended Kyrene community public schools, I decided to attend the Red for Ed Rally.
Check out the thermometer or step outside. The mercury is inching upward and before you know it, we’ll be broiling for a few months.
On the morning of March 21, video of 49-year-old Elaine Herzberg being run down by a self-driving Uber vehicle in Tempe quickly became the most-watched drama on local television and across the Internet. This should come as no surprise. A barbarous bunch getting more bloodthirsty by the day, …
We were standing on the 14th hole of the Arizona Biltmore golf course when The Guy From Grand Rapids, maybe four beers and 80 strokes in, began to expound about his lack of desire. Not that kind of desire (for which I thank heavens). His lack of desire to see the Grand Canyon.
Spring is coming, producing not only longer and warmer days but also an overproduction both in our homes and on our streets of unwanted puppies and kittens. As a result, more animals will be dumped at local shelters or left to mature and reproduce on their own in our alleys and neighborhoods.
- Ahwatukee couple’s store caters to carnivores
- Businessman plans a permanent water fix for Club West
- Gilbert’s soaring apartment rents highest in Valley
- ‘Shrek’ livens up Mountain Pointe stage
- Domestic violence disables local woman in more ways than one
- Water department tells customers meters are accurate
- Judge issues final order on Ahwatukee Lakes
- The Santinos’ Father’s Day message: Keep sports in perspective
- Challenges aplenty in nearby legislative primary races
- Thunder director performs with dad at Carnegie Hall
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.