As featured on
The Rev. David Van Arsdale of Faith Presbyterian Church spoke about his father Monday at a service in Sun City West honoring Martin Luther King Jr.
Van Arsdale’s father was a Baptist minister in Detroit. “I remember as a young boy in our living room hearing for the first time a name that I had never heard before: Martin Luther King,” he said. “And I remember years later when I helped my father clean out his office and found some of his unpublished sermons from that time, written when he was 28 or 29” and clearly influenced by King.
Classifieds - Top Jobs
Classifieds - Top Real Estate
Classifieds - Ads
- 21 tribes seek intervention in freeway case
- Reported pot dispensary license upsets Ahwatukee preschool, neighborhood
- ABM helps homeowners fight invasion of roof rats
- Kyrene audit finds major deficiencies at all operational levels
- Save Club West continues effort to raise $4 million for golf course purchase
- Boys state basketball: DV completes comeback over Brophy
- She left the corporate world to pamper household pets
- Boys state basketball: Thunder move on after beating La Joya
- Girls state basketball: Pride erases 14-point deficit to beat Xavier
- Kyrene middle school students to see major change in academics, study opportunities and support