As featured on
The Rev. David Van Arsdale of Faith Presbyterian Church spoke about his father Monday at a service in Sun City West honoring Martin Luther King Jr.
Van Arsdale’s father was a Baptist minister in Detroit. “I remember as a young boy in our living room hearing for the first time a name that I had never heard before: Martin Luther King,” he said. “And I remember years later when I helped my father clean out his office and found some of his unpublished sermons from that time, written when he was 28 or 29” and clearly influenced by King.
Classifieds - Ads
- Investors buy Club West Golf Course
- Panel will hear 40 minutes of pros and cons about freeway
- Ahwatukee Lakes Golf Course trial to begin this week
- Even lizards can’t stop South Mountain Freeway, ADOT says
- Ahwatukee man praised for rewarding Vegas hero
- Snooze Ahwatukee opens after benefitting three charities
- Dog’s slasher a time bomb, police fear
- Toads present a challenge to Ahwatukee dog owners
- Blood drive to help stricken little Ahwatukee girl
- Beloved Ahwatukee store clerk, 2 others killed in crash
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.