From a veteran Phoenix Police Department lieutenant to the Valley's celebrated Major League baseball team, excellence in public and private sector revitalization efforts for downtown Phoenix will be lauded during the 18th Annual DREAMR Awards, set for Feb. 6, at the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown hotel. The event, staged each year by the Downtown Phoenix Partnership (DPP), honors dedicated individuals, organizations and projects with the Downtown Revitalization Effort Awards of Merit and Recognition.
The 2011 honorees include:
• The Project/Program Award - Civic Space Park
• The Public Sector Individual Award - District 8 Councilman Michael Johnson
• The Private Sector Individual Award - Mike Ebert
• The Outstanding Organization Award - Arizona Diamondbacks
• The Unsung Hero Award - Lt. Jeff Lazell and the Downtown Operations Unit
Newly inaugurated Mayor Greg Stanton will be the DREAMR Award's keynote speaker, presenting "A Look to the Future of Downtown Phoenix." It will be Stanton's first public address on the topic of downtown Phoenix's future growth and sustainability efforts.