With the Wallow fire continuing to burn uncontained in eastern Arizona, several highway closures are in effect. The Arizona Department of Transportation lists the following closures as of Thursday:
• Nearly 20 miles of U.S. 60 have been closed from Springerville to the New Mexico state line. This closure stretches from milepost 384 to 401.
• State Route 260 is closed in both directions east of the Hawley Lake turnoff (State Route 473 junction) and Eagar. SR 260 is closed between mileposts 372-398 near Eagar.
• State Route 373, a 4.5 milelong highway that connects the town of Greer in eastern Arizona with SR 260 west of Eagar, is closed.
• U.S. 191 is closed between Alpine and north of Clifton (mileposts 176-253).
• State routes 261 and 273, the main access roads to Big Lake and Crescent Lake in the White Mountains, are closed. SR 261 is closed starting approximately 7 miles south of SR 260 to Crescent Lake (mileposts 395-413) and SR 273 is closed between the SR 260 junction and to the SR 261 junction (mileposts 378-394).
• U.S. 180 is closed between the SR 260 junction near Eagar and the New Mexico state line (mileposts 403-433).
For current road conditions, check http://www.azdot.gov.