A series of six community forums will be conducted by the Arizona Department of Transportation beginning June 4 to provide additional opportunities for members of the public to comment on the proposed South Mountain Freeway.
While these forums are not formal public hearings and will not include presentations, they will allow members of the public to view the study video, talk with technical experts about the Draft Environmental Impact Statement and provide comments to a court reporter.
Forums will be:
• June 4, 4 to 7 p.m. at Sunridge Elementary School, Cafetorium, 6244 W. Roosevelt St. in Phoenix.
• June 18, 4 to 7 p.m. at The Foothills Golf Club, Saguaro Room, 2201 E. Clubhouse Drive in Phoenix.
• June 22, 9 a.m. to noon at the Komatke Boys and Girls Club, 5047 W. Pecos Road on the Gila River Indian Community.
• June 25, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Windmill Suites, Arizona Ballroom, 3535 W. Chandler Blvd. in Chandler.
• July 9, 4 to 7 p.m. at the Laveen Education Center, Boardroom, 5001 W. Dobbins Road in Laveen.
• July 11, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, Ballroom, 11460 W. Hilton Way in Avondale.
Those with comments about the proposed South Mountain Freeway don’t need to wait until a community forum, comments are currently being accepted through July 24, via these channels: providing input by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; submitting online comments at azdot.gov/SouthMountainFreeway; calling (602) 712-7006; or by mail to the South Mountain Study Team, 1655 W. Jackson St. MD 126 F, Phoenix, AZ 85007.
For more information, visit azdot.gov/SouthMountainFreeway.