The Ahwatukee Foothills Chamber of Commerce will host the 14th Annual Chamber Day of Champions Breakfast on Friday, Feb. 8 and honor local businesses, volunteers and educators who have made an impact on the community.
The event will be from 8 to 10 a.m. at the Arizona Grand Resort, 800 S. Arizona Grand Pkwy.
Each year the chamber takes time to thank businesses and individuals in the community for exceptional leadership, service, excellence in business and contributions to the community.
“Chamber Day of Champions recognizes and applauds the exceptional leadership, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit that chamber members exhibit and share with the Ahwatukee area,” said a statement from the chamber.
This year, guest speakers will include Sen. John McComish and Phoenix City Councilman Sal DiCiccio, who will be available for a meet and greet before the breakfast begins.
Top awards include Business of the Year, New Business of the Year, Volunteer of the Year and Educational Mentor of the Year.
The nominees are:
• Business of the Year — Ahwatukee Foothills News, CK’s Tavern & Grill, Clean n’ Fresh Cleaning Services, Dignity Health Urgent Care, Edward Jones-Joseph Ortiz, Henderson-Hunt Insurance, State Farm Insurance-Lynn Hennessy, and Vision Community Management.
• New Business of the Year — A-List Pest Control, Dena Armstrong Your Skin Expert, Elements Therapeutic Massage, Spider Web Design, Wedge & Bottle, and Xpress Automotive.
• Volunteer of the Year — Jim Engel, Jim Hunt, Nick Knight, Ernst McComish, and Janet Schwab.
• Educational Mentor of the Year — Kelley Brunner of Colina Elementary School, Darcy Dicosmo of Cerritos Elementary School, Dave Maloney of Sierra Elementary School, Martha Takacs of Esperanza Elementary School, and Christina Vanderpool of Mountain Pointe High School.
The winners of each category will be announced at the breakfast. The community is invited to attend.
Ticket prices are $40 for chamber members and $50 for non-members. To purchase tickets or for sponsorship opportunities, contact the chamber at (480) 753-7676 or visit www.AhwatukeeChamber.com.
• Contact writer: (480) 898-7914 or email@example.com