1. On Monday, April 15 at 10 p.m. police reported a false reporting to law enforcement. A man near the 13000 block of South Wakial Loop initially reported his wife had been kidnapped, police said. An investigation indicated the wife was having drinks with another male subject, the man knew that and was trying to file a false report, police said.
2. On Monday, April 15 at 5:20 p.m. a man was cited for soliciting near the 500 block of East Mountain Sage Drive. The man had entered a gated community posted for no trespassing and no soliciting and was going door to door soliciting. After several complaints he was contacted by police and cited.
3. On Monday, April 15 at 9:55 p.m. near the 4600 block of East Chandler Boulevard an adult female was arrested on suspicion of shoplifting. About $122 worth of baby clothes were taken from a retail store.
4. On Thursday, April 18 police took report of a metal theft near the 3600 block of East Ray Road. Between March 19 and April 18 suspects unknown climbed over a 9-foot wall to gain access to a secured generator and stole an unknown amount of copper from the generator. Approximate value is $4,000 to $6,000 to repair the generator.
5. On Thursday, April 18 police took a report of shoplifting from a business near the 4700 block of East Ray Road. Two adult females took approximately four items of wall art from a store without paying for it. No arrests have been made.
6. On Thursday, April 18 police took a report of a burglary from a garage near the 13600 block of South 44th Street. Between April 14-18 unknown suspects gained entry to a detached garage. Suspects took numerous woodworking tools and a tool box containing precision tools. Police estimate about $6,000 worth of tools were taken.
7. On Thursday, April 18 around 10:20 p.m. police took a report of a burglary from a home near the 9400 block of South 43rd Place. The home was broken into sometime between noon on the 16th and 8 p.m. on the 18th. Suspects took a personal computer, tablet, Winchester rifle, and 12-gauge shotgun. Total value estimated to be $7,000.
8. On Thursday, April 18 around 10:50 p.m. police took a report of a theft at a business near the 4900 block of East Ray Road. Two adult females grabbed assorted beauty supplies and walked out without paying.
9. On Saturday, April 20 around 9 a.m. there was a drowning at a home near the 15000 block of 39th Place. An adult male was visiting and had spent the night at the residence. He was found deceased in the pool early in the morning by a family member. Alcohol may have been a factor.
10. Police took a report of an armed robbery on Sunday, April 21 at a business near the 3200 block of East Chandler Boulevard. A man walked into the store acting strangely and raised his shirt as if he might have a weapon, police said. The man left the store with liquor that he did not pay for. On April 23 officers spotted a man that matched the suspect’s description. He was ID’d in a photo line up and charges are pending.
• Source: Phoenix Police Department.