If you are traveling for the Thanksgiving holiday and planning to park at the Airport, Sky Harbor is offering a coupon for 40 percent off the terminal garage rate November 16-30. Download the coupon from skyharbor.com by answering a few quick survey questions and you can park in the terminal garage for just $15 per day, compared to the usual rate of $25. This means no waiting for buses - just drive to your terminal, park, and walk right to the ticket counter or security checkpoint.
When you use your coupon exiting the parking garage you must use one of the lanes with a parking attendant as coupons aren't valid in the credit card only lanes. You can still pay with a credit card, but you must go to a lane with an attendant. Also, customers can enter the garage prior to Nov. 16 and stay past Nov. 30; however, the discount is only valid during the days of Nov. 16 - 30.
Thanksgiving travel will be busy at the airport, so Sky Harbor is offering the following travel tips:
- Get to the airport two hours before your flight departs, especially if you are parking in economy areas or checking bags.
- Bring a snack or meal for the plane. Food may be carried through security and beverages may be purchased past security and brought onto the aircraft.
- Liquids and gels must be in 3 oz containers or less to pass through security. Bring a zip top bag to consolidate small quantities of liquids. Larger quantities of medically necessary liquids are allowed only at the discretion of TSA screeners.
- If you're planning to park, visit skyharbor.com/parking for options, prices and space availability. You may also call the 24-hour parking hotline at (602) 273-4545.
- If you park in the Economy Parking lots, look for a sign to scan a QR Code. Use your phone to scan it and you will be sent a note reminding you where you parked.
- If you have questions about security screening, visit tsa.gov or contact the Transportation Security Administration at: (866) 289-9673 or TSA-ContactCenter@dhs.gov.
- Wear shoes that are easy to remove at the checkpoint.
- Remove large electronics from your carry-on bags and place them in their own TSA bin.
- Have your claim check or ID ready at baggage claim when you return to Phoenix so that if you are approached by staff, you won't be delayed looking for this information.
- Mark your bags and electronics clearly so you recognize them immediately.
- Use the free cell phone lots to wait for arriving passengers and avoid circling the terminals.