Garage fridge sets AF house on fire - Ahwatukee Foothills News: News

default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
||
Logout|My Dashboard

Garage fridge sets AF house on fire

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Monday, June 13, 2011 4:59 pm

An Ahwatukee Foothills family is safe after a refrigerator in their garage caught fire around 3 a.m. on Monday morning.

The house, located near Fifth Avenue and Chandler Boulevard, had working smoke alarms and the family of three was able to get out of the home with no injuries, according to Capt. Berry Morgan of the Phoenix Fire Department.

The garage was full of flames when fire crews arrived and much of the home was a loss, including the family car which was parked in the garage.

Friends of the Tretbar family said the single mom was renting the home. They have set up an account with Arizona Federal Credit Union to try and raise money to replace what was lost. Donations can be made to the Tretbar Family account.

Stay tuned to ahwatukee.com for updates.

More about

More about

  • Discuss

Facebook

ahwatukee.com on Facebook

Twitter

ahwatukee.com on Twitter

RSS

Subscribe to ahwatukee.com via RSS

RSS Feeds

Spacer4px

Ahwatukee Little League 11s win district title

Ahwatukee Little League Minors topped Chandler National North to win the District 13 title.

Despite excessive heat, some residents still active outside

By Jiahui Jia | Cronkite NewsFriday, June 24, 2016PHOENIX — It was 9 a.m. and the temperature had...

Creature Feature — Arabian Oryx

Did you know the Phoenix Zoo helped save the Arabian Oryx from extinction? Operation Oryx started...

Online poll

Loading…