Continued work on High Occupancy Vehicle lane projects along stretches of Loop 202 Santan Freeway in Chandler and Loop 101 in north Phoenix will require closures or lane restrictions this weekend (Aug. 12-15). The Arizona Department of Transportation recommends drivers allow for extra travel time and consider alternate routes if possible while the following restrictions are in place:
• Eastbound Loop 101 closed between Seventh Avenue and Tatum Boulevard in north Phoenix from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 15) for rubberized asphalt paving. DETOUR: Traffic will exit at Seventh Avenue and use the Beardsley frontage road to Cave Creek Road, then go south to Union Hills Drive and travel east to State Route 51 to access eastbound Loop 101. Interstate 17 ramps to eastbound Loop 101 also closed. DETOUR: Traffic can exit at Union Hills Drive and travel east to State Route 51 to access eastbound Loop 101. For additional weekend restrictions on this project, visit www.ValleyFreeways.com/OtherRestrictions.
• Eastbound Loop 202/Pecos Road closed between Interstate 10 and Price Road in Chandler from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 15) for sign work. On-ramps to eastbound Loop 202 from I-10 and Kyrene Road also closed. DETOUR: Use eastbound Chandler Boulevard to Price Road. From Pecos Road, use westbound I-10 to eastbound Ray Road.
• Eastbound Interstate 10 closed between Interstate 17 and Seventh Street from 9:30 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday (Aug. 13) for tunnel maintenance. DETOUR: Please consider alternate routes, including I-17 through the Durango Curve or McDowell Road.
• Southbound Loop 101 ramp to eastbound Loop 202 in Chandler closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 6 p.m. Sunday (Aug. 14) for paving and painting. DETOUR: Use Frye Road to Dobson Road to access eastbound Loop 202.
• Southbound Loop 101 narrowed to one lane between Glendale Avenue and Bethany Home Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 15) for installation of temporary concrete barrier. Southbound on-ramp at Glendale Avenue and southbound off-ramp at Bethany Home Road closed. DETOUR: Please consider alternate routes. Please allow extra travel time and use caution in work zones.
• Northbound Loop 101 off-ramp at Bell Road closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 15) for ramp construction. Eastbound Bell Road narrowed to two lanes at Loop 101. DETOUR: Use Thunderbird Road or Union Hills Drive.
For a complete list of highway and freeway restrictions across Arizona, visit ADOT's Travel Information site at www.az511.gov or call 5-1-1. Sign up for ADOT email updates, including weekend freeway restrictions, at www.azdot.gov.
ADOT plans and constructs new freeways, additional lanes and other major improvements as part of the 20-year Regional Transportation Plan for the Maricopa County region. The primary funding source is a half-cent sales tax approved by county voters in 2004. More information about ADOT projects and the regional plan is available at www.ValleyFreeways.com.