AT&T invested more than $500 million in its Arizona wireless and wireline networks from 2009 through 2011 with a focus on improving the company’s mobile broadband coverage and overall performance of its networks.
During 2011, AT&T made more than 1,150 wireless network upgrades in Arizona:
• Activating nearly 80 new cell sites or towers to improve network coverage.
• Deploying faster fiber-optic connections to more than 675 cell sites.
• Adding an extra layer of frequency to cell sites.
• Upgrading nearly 100 cell sites to provide fast mobile broadband speeds.
• Launched its new 4G LTE network in Phoenix.
• Briefs compiled from staff and wire reports.