The Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce (GPCC) has selected eight deserving local companies as recipients of its 27th annual IMPACT Awards. The IMPACT Awards honor the accomplishments of small and large businesses and the impact they have on the Valley’s business community and economy. This year, the GPCC recognizes two recipients in each of four categories: Community Champion, Economic Driver, Entrepreneurial Excellence, and Response to Adversity. The 2014 IMPACT Businesses of the Year will be selected from these honorees and announced at a luncheon on Thursday, May 15 at the Arizona Biltmore. The 2014 honorees are:
Small to Medium Business Category (250 employees or fewer)
• 2014 Community Champion: Native American Connections
• 2014 Economic Driver: Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen)
• 2014 Entrepreneurial Excellence: Risas Dental and Braces
• 2014 Response to Adversity: NJOY, Inc.
Large Business Category (More than 250 employees)
• 2014 Community Champion: Phoenix Children’s Hospital• 2014 Economic Driver: Sundt Construction, Inc.
• 2014 Entrepreneurial Excellence: The CORE Institute
• 2014 Response to Adversity: Phoenix Zoo
The 27th Annual IMPACT Awards luncheon will take place Thursday, May 15 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Arizona Biltmore. Tickets are $75 for GPCC members and $85 for non-members and tables of 10 are $850 for GPCC members and $950 for non-members. Tables include priority seating and program recognition. For reservations, visit www.phoenixchamber.com/impact.