In 2014, the Ahwatukee Foothills Chamber of Commerce is celebrating 20 years of excellence. The year will be filled with a variety of events, including the anniversary mixer on March 19. The chamber’s mission remains true today: to provide ongoing support, resources and community connections for businesses to succeed in meeting their goals.
The Ahwatukee chamber is a dynamic organization serving the business interests of the Ahwatukee area. Throughout the past two decades, the chamber played key leadership roles in the establishment of many important regional assets. Here is a sampling of key achievements during the chamber’s history:
• Established Women In Business professional development program.
• Coordinates the community’s longest-running event, Red White and Boom.
• Established scholarship fund for women continuing their education.
• Established the Ahwatukee Chamber Community Foundation to strengthen our community by investing in educational excellence and collaborative partnerships.
• Established internship partnership with the Tempe Union High School District.
Since its original inception, the chamber has evolved into a significant membership-driven organization of businesses in the Valley. Our area’s prosperity today rests on the successes of the chamber during the past two decades and today’s programs and services will provide the foundation for the new decade’s growth.
The chamber is asking the community for help with this celebration. A sideshow down memory lane is planned but we need your photos to make it work. If you have any pictures of our community from 1994 to the present, especially if they include chamber members or activities, please drop them off or mail to the chamber office at: 4435 E. Chandler Blvd., Suite 140, Phoenix, Ariz., 85048. You can also email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The chamber was built by passionate people who care about our community. Twenty-year members: we applaud and admire your continued commitment to enhance our thriving community.
• Ahwatukee Country Club
• Ahwatukee Trophies
• Ahwatukee Foothills Family YMCA
• Arizona’s Vision
• Brewer’s Air Conditioning & Heating
• Landing’s Credit Union
• State Farm — Lynn Hennessey
Your membership and involvement play a key role in creating a healthy business climate and allows the chamber to offer more opportunities for advocacy, education, networking, visibility, and growth.
The community is invited to come celebrate the role of the Ahwatukee Foothills Chamber of Commerce through the last 20 years of Ahwatukee’s vibrant history. The 20th Anniversary Celebration will take place on March 19 at the scenic Foothills Golf Club, 2201 E. Clubhouse Drive, starting at 5:30 p.m. Mingle with friends and make new connections as you enjoy a live entertainment, great food, and fun libations.
Be there March 19 to celebrate the commitment of the chamber to the Ahwatukee business community as we look towards our next 20 years!
• Anne Gill is president and chief executive officer of the Ahwatukee Foothills Chamber of Commerce. Reach her at (480) 753-7676 or email@example.com.