State Sen. Sean Bowie wants schools to benefit from any special taxing districts set up for sports teams receiving taxpayer money for stadiums.
Arguing that federal policies have made paper money "virtually worthless,'' Arizona lawmakers are moving to allow residents to invest in gold coins and not have to pay state taxes on any profits they make when they sell them.
Steve and Tana Smith have agonized over their son’s death for seven months. They want one question answered, but it’s an answer that will never come.
Save Club West is a third of its way toward rounding up enough homeowners to invest in purchasing the community’s golf course.
Five-year-old Bronson O’Dell Wadley and 86-year -old Roseland Barton may well be apart in years, but they have at least one thing in common - they love the crisp clarion sound of their handbells.
Save the Lakes has scheduled three meetings in the ongoing battle over the defunct golf course at Ahwatukee Lakes Golf Club while The True Life Companies plans a festive informational session early next month.
The Ahwatukee Board of Management is waging an all-out war against roof rats, which are appearing in its subdivisions in record numbers.
All 21 Native American tribes in the Southwest are asking permission to join the appeal against the South Mountain Freeway, but Arizona’s attorney general says they’re too late and wants them shut out.
The apparent award of a state license for a medical marijuana dispensary located less than 10 feet from the playground of a longtime Ahwatukee preschool has created a neighborhood controversy with plenty of bureaucratic mystery.
A sweeping audit found major deficiencies throughout the Kyrene School District, from an absence of clear policy-making by the school board and insufficient planning by the administration to inadequate teacher development and instructional technology to a widening gap in student achievement.
Classifieds - Top Jobs
Classifieds - Top Real Estate
- 21 tribes seek intervention in freeway case
- Kyrene audit finds major deficiencies at all operational levels
- Reported pot dispensary license upsets Ahwatukee preschool, neighborhood
- ABM helps homeowners fight invasion of roof rats
- State wrestling: Porter doubles up on titles, Thunder finish fourth
- Girls state basketball: Pride erases 14-point deficit to beat Xavier
- Kyrene middle school students to see major change in academics, study opportunities and support
- Save Club West continues effort to raise $4 million for golf course purchase
- She left the corporate world to pamper household pets
- Both sides presenting sessions on Ahwatukee Farms plan