I was at a meet and greet in Ahwatukee a few weeks ago, listening to folks talk about some of the major issues that are affecting their everyday lives.
I love District 6 and the City of Phoenix. I know how fortunate I was to grow up in Ahwatukee in a wonderful neighborhood around the Lakes Golf Course, and I see the potential and character of North Central Phoenix as a great asset to our community.
Sal DiCiccio has lived in Ahwatukee for 34 years. He grew up here, riding dirt bikes in the desert and cruising the streets in his first car, a used Ford Pinto with no air-conditioning that he bought with money earned from his paper route.
The first – and possibly only – joint appearance in Ahwatukee of both City Council candidates for the seat representing the community will be held tonight, July 26, at Mountain Park Community Church.
Opponents of the South Mountain Freeway have asked an appellate court panel to prevent blasting and further bridge construction in the Ahwatukee segment of the controversial thoroughfare.
Foes of expanded school vouchers submitted on July 8 the signatures necessary to force a public vote on the plan, but lawmakers could move to undermine the referendum.
Tempe Union High School District is expecting a $23-million windfall and Ahwatukee residents could see a “new old-home neighborhood” after the district governing board approved the sale of a 63-acre site in the community.
- Ahwatukee jeweler’s estate sale a trove of older treasure
- La Gattara Cat Café is a purr-fect stress reliever
- Kyrene board OKs K-8 campus plan
- Mountain Pointe makes early statement in rout of O'Connor
- Ahwatukee group seeks to involve local boys in charitable activities
- DV grad plumbs a mystery of the brain
- Hut, hut! Pride, Thunder ready for the 2017 season
- Ahwatukee Crime Watch revving up meetings with police
- Ahwatukee site bid yields $23M for Tempe Union
- DiCiccio: ‘Look to Ahwatukee's successes'’
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.