In September the Tempe Union High School District made the decision to show weighted grades on student transcripts. The decision, made after a 16-month effort by Desert Vista substitute teacher Susan Schramm and without the need for a vote from the governing board, came as no surprise and with little argument. District administrators decided both a weighted GPA on a 5.0 scale, which adds extra weight for honors classes, and a traditional unweighted GPA on a 4.0 scale will appear on transcripts. Weighted GPA will not appear on report cards and also will not change requirements for students to be invited into the National Honor Society.
Classifieds - Top Real Estate
Classifieds - Ads
- Rawhide rave noise revs up Ahwatukee social media
- ADOT says freeway project will not cover any water line
- 21 tribes seek intervention in freeway case
- Boys state basketball: DV completes comeback over Brophy
- Save Club West continues effort to raise $4 million for golf course purchase
- She left the corporate world to pamper household pets
- Boys state basketball: Thunder move on after beating La Joya
- ABM helps homeowners fight invasion of roof rats
- Reported pot dispensary license upsets Ahwatukee preschool, neighborhood
- Kyrene middle school students to see major change in academics, study opportunities and support
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.