Chandler-Gilbert Community College (CGCC) honored their 10th annual Teal & Silver award recipients during a breakfast event at the college’s Williams Campus on May 7 at the Student Pavilion Center. Nine winners were recognized for their efforts and support of CGCC students, employees, programs, services and the college community.
The 2013 Teal & Silver award recipients are:
• Arizona Public Service Foundation, donor
• Barbara Gomez, Williams Field High School Art Faculty, vendor partner
• Chandler/Gilbert Family YMCA, vendor partner
• Cox Communications, technology partner
• East Valley Jewish Community Center, community organization partner
• Gail Barney, Mayor Town of Queen Creek, community leader
• Lisa Traube, Weinberg third grade teacher, K-12 school colleague
• Maricopa Community College District Facilities Planning & Development Department, community college colleague
• Mercy Gilbert Medical Center, business and industry partner
The Chandler-Gilbert Community College Teal & Silver Awards Program was created by former president, Dr. Maria Hesse, to recognize the contributions of individuals who support Chandler-Gilbert Community College through various efforts. This year’s recipients positively impact the college by assisting with the program or service improvements, supporting creative and innovative ideas, improving the quality of the college experience, support the delivery of instruction, providing resources or assisting with cost-saving measures and advocating for the college in media, with elected officials and the in the community.
• Beverly Stidham, (480) 898-7924 or email@example.com.