Two veteran Tempe Union High School District administrators with longtime Ahwatukee connections have new positions – one no longer with the district and the other giving way to a new principal at Mountain Pointe High.
Two summits on school security have been scheduled next week, although only one is open to the public because one called by city Councilman Sal DiCiccio will be a private session aimed at trying to identify additional safety solutions.
Tempe Union teachers will get at least a 10 percent raise and school security will be beefed up next school year under the budget unanimously adopted last week by the Tempe Union High School governing board.
State Rep. Jill Norgaard of Ahwatukee praised Kyrene School District’s creation of a pilot program to identify and help preschool children who are dyslexic.
The state’s top school official is trying to downplay – and in some cases remove entirely – references to evolution in the standards of what students are supposed to be taught in Arizona high schools.
A new and increasingly popular foreign language will be added to the list of electives at Altadena School next year.
The petition drive for a ballot question on a proposed tax surcharge on high-income Arizonans to raise more money for public education has created a potential tempest with a T-shirt for teachers and local school districts, including Tempe Union and Kyrene.
Inspire Kids Montessori is giving kids a voice by introducing their kindergarten students to public speaking. The Ahwatukee preschool is incorporating project-based learning through STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) activities and complex projects that students present to thei…
One thing no one can doubt that the Mountain Pointe High School Theatre Company has learned is that the show must goon – even if there’s a teachers walkout.
School safety and most of the proposed teen suicide prevention legislation were among the casualties in the State Legislature’s rush to adjournment last Friday.
- Police: Ahwatukee coach molested boys on club baseball team
- Goldwater Institute demands punishing striking teachers
- City seeks AG review of land deal after DiCiccio's criticism
- Hundreds of emails favor 32nd Street interchange
- Invest in Ed initiative will devastate small business
- All seven candidates in LD18 House primary race to debate
- Accelerated street-repair bid dies for lack of support in City Council
- Ahwatukee artist’s Signed in Wood gets global nods
- Hash Kitchen picks Chandler for 3rd spot, opening today
- Eason leaves MP after dream season; Fauske interim coach
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.