A new grassroots group in Gilbert that aims to stop politicking in the classroom and to go after teachers who do so hopes to pick up support for doing the same in other districts.
A freshman Tempe member of the Kyrene Governing Board found herself out on a limb last week when she openly criticized Superintendent Jan Vesely, voted against extending her contract and said the district needs a new executive leader at the helm.
Kyrene School District has started a new way for people in the district to help needy students or families who seek a helping hand.
Two Desert Vista High School graduates are making waves at the University of Arizona for their scientific accomplishments.
A church with campuses in Mesa and Ahwatukee aims to help hundreds of needy kids start the new school year on the right foot by giving them school supplies.
Two veteran Tempe Union High School District administrators with longtime Ahwatukee connections have new positions – one no longer with the district and the other giving way to a new principal at Mountain Pointe High.
Two summits on school security have been scheduled next week, although only one is open to the public because one called by city Councilman Sal DiCiccio will be a private session aimed at trying to identify additional safety solutions.
Tempe Union teachers will get at least a 10 percent raise and school security will be beefed up next school year under the budget unanimously adopted last week by the Tempe Union High School governing board.
Best of Ahwatukee
- QuikTrip concerns draw interest of lawmakers, mayor
- Voodoo Daddy’s brings New Orleans to EV
- An Ahwatukee singer strikes a blow for #metoo
- Mom organizes a special thank you to Estrella
- UA college inducts longtime Ahwatukee engineer
- Club West sale not complete
- Lawyer: True Life not active in Lakes case
- Lagos principal earns prestigious county award
- Kevin Cron named D-backs’ minor league player of the month
- St Benedict’s dials back timeline for new church
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.