Richard Guerra, director of music at the Parish of St. Benedict, likes to look at choirs like families.
Local dinner theater fans were sad to learn that the nearly 35-year-old Rockin’ R Ranch in Mesa would be serving its last meal and performing its final songs over the weekend.
Centennial Middle School wrestlers will be doing their thing on new mats, thanks to their coach and the Fiesta Bowl’s 2018 Wishes for Teachers program.
Few events in life are sadder or more tragic than the death of a child, whether the cause is accidental suffocation while sleeping, a drowning, suicide or homicide.
When Desert Vista High School teacher Katrina Lacey got into work after the long Thanksgiving weekend and opened an email that said she won $10,000, she did what most people probably would do.
They won their elections, but the really important contest for members of the incoming freshman congressional class came last Friday with the traditional lottery drawing to see who gets first pick of House offices.
AzMERIT scores at 10 schools were responsible for a $1.2-million bonus for Kyrene School District under Arizona’s results-based funding program.
Alarmed by the sharp increase of youth “vaping,’’ state health officials are preparing a campaign they hope will scare teens from starting or, if it’s too late for that, get them to quit.
Two local business owners joined Kyrene Superintendent Jan Vesely in saluting 27 teachers in Ahwatukee schools for their students’ academic growth over the past year.
The Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving – a half-century-old East Valley landmark – has skidded into federal bankruptcy court with $3.5 million in debts.
Arizona Needy Newborns, with chapters in Ahwatukee and Mesa, brought the holiday season in early as members and community guests joined together for the annual Christmas Stocking Stuffer last weekend.
Classifieds - Ads
- Ahwatukee bracing for double blizzards this weekend
- Kyrene officials taking big steps on school security
- A $10K award elates, mystifies DV teacher
- ‘Nutcracker’ is a family affair on and offstage here
- Mountain Pointe blows out Pinnacle in battle of national top-25 prep hoops teams
- Californians, Coloradans account for most new state residents
- Ahwatukee prof grateful to Ahwatukee for stepping up
- Look for unexpected guests and a lesson in ‘Peppa Pig’s Surprise!’ live
- 10 Kyrene schools qualify for AzMERIT bonuses
- Church’s ‘Giving Machine’ a special way to help
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.