Lieutenant Damien Ludwig, a graduate of Mountain Pointe High School and ASU is cited for superior performance of duty on Aug. 23 while serving as Decontamination Unit Leader for Deepwater Horizon (DWH) oil spill response in Mobile, Alabama area. Thrust into the midst of a chaotic hazardous material release, Lieutenant Ludwig demonstrated exceptional judgment during the potential anhydrous ammonia leak in close proximity to the DWH Theodore, Alabama decontamination site. He evacuated his team to a safe area which included 700 individuals trying to escape the dangers of the fumes. Lt. Ludwig set up a triage for those exposed to the fumes before the arrival of emergency services, including facilitating transportation of a civilian to the hospital who was in extremely critical condition. With the Lieutenants quick response, he was able to help save the civilian's life. He continued to direct other on scene Coast Guard personnel to provide clear access routes for responding emergency vehicles and assisted in the marshalling of numerous fire, police and rescue personnel to the scene. His leadership and courageous actions directly contributed to the evacuation of over 700 individuals including 150 injured people being transported to hospitals without a single loss of life. Lt. Ludwig's diligence, perseverance and devotion to duty are most heartily commended and are in keeping with the highest traditions of the US Coast Guard.
Classifieds - Top Real Estate
- Rawhide rave noise revs up Ahwatukee social media
- 21 tribes seek intervention in freeway case
- Boys state basketball: DV completes comeback over Brophy
- ADOT backs off funding water line beneath freeway
- Save Club West continues effort to raise $4 million for golf course purchase
- She left the corporate world to pamper household pets
- Boys state basketball: Thunder move on after beating La Joya
- ABM helps homeowners fight invasion of roof rats
- Reported pot dispensary license upsets Ahwatukee preschool, neighborhood
- Kyrene middle school students to see major change in academics, study opportunities and support
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.