The American Cancer Society has volunteer opportunities available for those making resolutions this holiday season to give back and help others.
The Road to Recovery program is in need of many volunteer drivers throughout the Valley. It provides cancer patients with transportation to and from treatment or medical appointments. Volunteer drivers donate their time and the use of their personal vehicle.
Qualifications and requirements include:
• A current, valid driver’s license issued by the state in which they will perform their volunteer driving duties or in the state where they reside.
• A good driving record, which will be checked by DMV.
• Access to a safe and reliable vehicle.
• Maintain sufficient limits of automobile liability insurance for their personal vehicle.
• Must be in good health.
• Must complete the volunteer driver’s application and attend a training/orientation.
For more information about the program, contact Michelle Broek at (602) 778-7681 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
•Briefs compiled by staff and wire reports