The Phoenix Parks and Recreation Department environmental and sustainability practices have earned a coveted award from the National Parks and Recreation Associated. The department recently won the 2010 Barb King Environmental Stewardship Award. NRPA awards this each year to the parks and recreation department that best demonstrates environmental stewardship by reducing energy and water use recycling and reducing waste, using sustainable products and practices and planning and building sustainable parks and facilities.
Classifieds - Ads
- Ahwatukee couple struggles to keep 3-month-old daughter alive
- Hager learned how to win from North Dakota’s best
- Job numbers for Intel’s new Chandler plant questioned
- ‘Good graft’ runs up Phoenix cost of housing for the poor
- ADOT says freeway project will not cover any water line
- Planners call golf course preservation critical to Ahwatukee’s ‘character’
- Rawhide rave noise revs up Ahwatukee social media
- Ahwatukee photographer thrives on teens’ desires to express themselves
- Centennial teacher, marketing firm owner among Ahwatukee Chamber “champions’
- Centennial student linked to fake bomb threat in bathroom
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.