Free tax assistance to qualifying individuals - Ahwatukee Foothills News: Community Notes

default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
Logout|My Dashboard

Free tax assistance to qualifying individuals

Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Friday, March 11, 2011 7:00 pm

Foreclosures, unemployment, underemployment and debt have affected all too many Arizonans this past year, but Valley of the Sun United Way wants the public to know that their financial doldrums may have an up side this tax season - in the form of a federal income tax credit. Families or individuals who earned $48,362 or less in 2010 may qualify to receive EITC, but they can only get it if they file federal income tax returns and specifically claim the credit.

Taxpayers can get FREE help determining their EITC eligibility, claiming the credit, and filing their taxes at any number of Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites throughout the Valley.

To check earned income tax credit eligibility, go to or visit a VITA site. For a list of local VITA sites, contact Community Information and Referral at (602) 263-8856 or visit

More about

More about

  • Discuss


Submit Calendar Event

Facebook on Facebook

Twitter on Twitter


Subscribe to via RSS

RSS Feeds


Uber Car

Ahwatukee Little League 11s win district title

Ahwatukee Little League Minors topped Chandler National North to win the District 13 title.

Despite excessive heat, some residents still active outside

By Jiahui Jia | Cronkite NewsFriday, June 24, 2016PHOENIX — It was 9 a.m. and the temperature had...

Online poll

prev next