• The Ahwatukee Assembly of God Church grand opening will be at 10 a.m. April 22. Space available for 1,200 people, located at the Warner-Elliot Loop on east Equestrian Trail, just west of 48th Street. For more information, call (480) 893-6189 or visit www.ahwatukeeaog.org. • Temple Emanuel will hold its Annual Mitzvah Day from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sunday, April 22. Temple Emanuel is located at 5801 S. Rural Road, Tempe. Recipient charities are Tempe-based "I-HELP," which feeds and supports Tempe's homeless and Mesa's "Save the Family," which helps homeless families with children via transitional housing and supportive services. For more information, call (480) 838-1414. • The youth group at Desert Foothills United Methodist Church is having a guest speaker from Tumbleweed Teenage Drop In Center at 5 p.m. April 29. Tumbleweed is a location in which teenagers from the ages of 9 to 20, who are living on the streets of Phoenix, can "Drop In" to receive services. The center provides a meal, clothing and a shower. In addition, the center provides each teen with access to a case manager to assess what types of services they may need in order to get off the streets. The youth Group at Desert Foothills UMC invites anyone who would like to attend and join in their campaign to collect backpacks for Tumbleweed. The backpacks are needed by teens on the street in order to carry the limited personal items they own. For information, contact Paul Browning at (480) 706-8193. • Desert Foothills United Methodist Church will host the following at the church, located at 2156 E. Liberty Lane in Phoenix: AA meetings at 8 p.m. Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings; pastor Bible study meetings Thursday mornings from 10 to 11 a.m.; pastor Bible study meetings starting at 8:30 a.m. Friday mornings; the photo club meets every other Saturday at 5 p.m.; and youth night is from 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday evenings for 6th- to 12th-grader, bring a sack dinner. In addition, the church preschool is currently accepting registrations for the 2007-08 school year. For more information on any of these events, call (480) 221-5404 or visit www.desertfoothills.org. • Jewish Women International Avodah Chapter 1581 will host a luncheon meeting at 11:30 a.m. May 9 at Barness Family East Valley Jewish Community Center, 908 N. Alma School Road in Chandler. For reservations, call Gitta Chernen at (480) 839-6503 or Rita Sabel at (480) 839-7808. • A glow Bible study for women will be held Tuesdays from 9 to 11 a.m. through May 15 at Foothills Baptist Church, 15450 S. 21st St. The Bible study will focus on Ezra, Haggai, Zechariah and Psalms. Childcare will be provided for infants through kindergarten. For more information, call Linda Diehl at (480) 759-2118, ext. 204. • Join Chabad of the East Valley at 7 p.m. on the third Friday of every month at the Windmill Inn, 3535 W. Chandler Blvd., Chandler, for a warm, uplifting and inspiring Friday evening service with song, spirit and fun. All are welcome. An Oneg follows the service. (480) 855-4333. • Common Grounds, a coffeehouse located in the back of Broadway Christian Church, 7335 E. Broadway Road, Mesa, will be open at 7 p.m. first and third Fridays of every month with live music acts featuring bluegrass, country, rock, acoustic, gospel and many other styles. Free. David, (480) 620-4284. • Congregation Eitz Chaim of Ahwatukee, the youngest and the only Jewish congregation in the area, will continue to hold its weekly Shabbat Services at the Ahwatukee Foothills Prep School, 10210 S. 50th Place. Led by Rabbi &Cantor Victor I. Beck, the traditional and egalitarian services are conducted in the form of a Learner's Minyon so everyone has the chance to learn the meaning behind prayer services. Check www.eitzchaimahwatukee.org for a schedule of services, plus information about upcoming adult education classes. For additional information, call Rabbi Beck at (602) 595-3618. Congregation Eitz Chaim of Ahwatukee Foothills announces that it has joined the North American Federation of Synagogues, an umbrella organization comprised of congregations from every major modern authentic Jewish philosophy of observance and ritual in America today. The federation works to formulate a Jewish response to the relevant and fundamental social and religious issues that confront and challenge the North American Jewish community in the 21st century. The congregation invites all to join their weekly Shabbat Services at the Ahwatukee Foothills Prep School, 10210 S. 50th Place, lead by Rabbi and Cantor Victor I. Beck. Services begin at 7:30 p.m. For additional information, call Rabbi Beck at (602) 595-3618. • A book reading club will be reading the Book of Matthew and discussing it by e-mail and meeting in online chatrooms. The reading scope is limited to only books of the Bible. All are welcome, including non-Christians. For more information contact Leo by e-mail at email@example.com. • A concert series with jazz, classical, Celtic, folk and music for children runs January through June and is hosted by Valley Unitarian Universalists, 6400 W. Del Rio St., Chandler. On April 21, singer-songwriter Namoli Brennet will take the stage and May 19, Bruce Phillips will be playing music for children and families. The 2007 series will wrap up June 16 with Subterranean Jazz, a jazz quartet with international flair. Refreshments will be available for purchase. Individual tickets are $7.50 in advance, $10 at the door and $6 for children ages 12 and under. Tickets are available online at www.showup.com. For more information, call (480) 899-4249 or visit ww.vuu.org. • Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 739 W. Erie St., Chandler, hosts non-denominational support classes to those grieving over death or divorce. GriefShare meets at 6:30 p.m. Mondays. DivorceCare and DivorceCare for Kids meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays. (480) 963-4127. • Christ-based Recovery Groups are meetings not just for people with addictions. Men's 12-step, 6 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays; Women's 12-step, 7:30 p.m. Thursdays. Mountain Park Community Church, 2408 E. Pecos Road. Free. (480) 759-6200. • The following is the ASU Herberger College's Jewish Music Heritage festival: Contexts and Conversations April 19, at 7;30 p.m., at Recital Hall, 40 E. Gammage Parkway. Opera: ASU Lyric Opera Theatre presents Leonard Bernstein's Candide (Chelsea version) April 20, 21, 25 and 28, at 7:30 p.m., and April 22 and 29, at 2 p.m., at Evelyn Smith Music Theatre, 40 E. Gammage Parkway. For tickets, call (480) 965-6447 or visit www.mainstage.asu.edu. Open dress rehearsal at 7:30 p.m. April 24 at ASU Gammage Auditorium, 1200 S. Forest Ave. Final concert: "From Sorrow to Happiness: Bernstein's Jeremiah Symphony and Bloch's Avodath Hakodesh (Sacred Service)" at 7:30 p.m. April 26 at ASU Gammage Auditorium, 1200 S. Forest Ave. Exhibit: Teach Them Diligently to Your Children: Jewish Ritual and Music through June 20 at ASU School of Music Library, 40 E. Gammage Parkway. For more information, visit www.music.asu.edu. • A Night in Paris is the theme for the April 20 event presented by Girlfriends at Crossroads. This is an evening for all women to come and experience the city of light from 7 to 10 p.m. in the sanctuary of Crossroads Nazarene Church, 2950 W. Ray Road. There will be food, fun, prizes, passports, pampering, photos, music and more. Tickets are $10 in advance or $15 at the door. Call the church office at (480) 722-0700 for tickets. • Life Quest Church presents Avalanche Ranch Vacation Bible School from 9 a.m. to noon June 11 to 15 at 14647 S. 50th St., Suite 165. The camp is for kids from 3 years old through fifth grade. Participants will sing, play games, do crafts, eat fun snacks and take a wild ride through God's word. On June 15, there will be a family closing event with a petting zoo, barbecue and lots of fun. For more information, visit www.lifequestchurch.org, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (480) 763-8210. • A Seniors Terrific Tuesdays program is held 10:30 a.m. to noon Tuesdays at the Barness Family East Valley Jewish Community Center, 908 N. Alma School Road, Chandler. The program is free and includes bagels and coffee and a different speaker or theme each week. See old friends and make new ones. Registration not needed. www.evjcc.org or (480) 897-0588. • Michael and Greta Smith host a Bible Study focusing on the reality of a true relationship with Jesus at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at the Park Plaza Hotel, 7475 W. Chandler Blvd., Chandler. (480) 221-0699. • The Choralaires of Phoenix Men's Chorus performs a variety of traditional, contemporary, show tunes, patriotic and/or classical tunes and meets at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at Orangewood Presbyterian Church, 7321 N. 10th St. Ted, (602) 971-4014 or Fred, (602) 789-8825. • Har Zion Congregation, 6140 E. Thunderbird Road, Scottsdale, hosts Lunch and Learn discussions from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays in the social hall. Open to the public. Cost: $3 per person and lunch is served during the discussion led by Harold Falk. "Discussion of the 613 Mitzvot." Beit Midrash with Rabbi Mark Bisman is held at 1:15 p.m. on the first and second Wednesdays. (480) 991-0720. • Chabad of the East Valley is offering T.N.T. (Teens N Torah) for Jewish teenagers ages 13 to 17. The group will meet 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays at the Chabad Center for Jewish Life, 3855 W. Ray Road, Suite 6, Chandler. The program combines education and social interaction with videos followed by discussion, fun, trips, games, community service projects and thought-provoking discussions. For more information call Shternie at (480) 753-5366 or visit www.chabadcenter.com. • Temple Beth Sholom, 3400 N. Dobson Road, Chandler, hosts a friendship club open to all seniors that meets the first and third Wednesdays. (480) 981-8543. • "Jazz Vespers" with The Bob Ravenscroft Trio takes place at 6 p.m. Saturdays at Ascension Lutheran Church, 7100 N. Mockingbird Lane, Paradise Valley. Free and open to the public. (480) 948-6050. • The Ahwatukee Assembly of God, 11832 S. Warner-Elliot Loop, offers a Kids Saturday Spectacular from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Saturday for all children grades K-5. Activities will include sports, games, crafts and group activities. Teamwork and cooperation encouraged. Children should wear comfortable clothes and bring a bag lunch. $20. (480) 893-6189. • Chabad of the East Valley's Jewish children's club, The Youth Zone, scheduled trips, pizza parties, contests and more for children 6 to 11 from across the East Valley. Do good deeds and have fun making a difference, such as helping the homeless and wrapping gifts for poor children in Russia. Held at 3855 W. Ray Road, Suite 6, Chandler. (480) 855-4333. • Or Adam Congregation offers Sunday school classes for grades Pre-K through 10, a teen youth group, adult education programs, holiday celebrations and monthly Shabbat services at the Barness Family East Valley Jewish Community Center, 908 N. Alma School Road, Chandler. For more information call (480) 663-7788 or visit www.oradam.org. • Chabad of the East Valley hosts a weekly Minyan, "The Tuesday Minyan," to further service to the Jewish community. This Tifilin club will meet at 6:45 a.m. every Tuesday for 45 minutes. For more information call (480) 855-4333. • Arizona Women's Experience, AWE!, 8:45 a.m. or 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Arizona Community Church, 9325 S. Rural Road, Tempe. Come connect with friends, learn from the Bible and be challenged in your walk with God. This mid-week experience will renew and refresh your spirit as we grow together! Free childcare available for morning. (480) 491-2210, ext. 226. • Stroke Support Group, 60 and younger, 7 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of every month, Mountain View Lutheran Church, 11002 S. 48th St. (480) 759-5433. • Har Zion Congregation, 6140 E. Thunderbird Road, Scottsdale, hosts a support group for parents and families of children struggling with alcohol and drug addictions. Confidentiality and anonymity are assured. Meets second Wednesday of every month, 7 to 8:30 p.m. in the sanctuary library. $5 per session. Ellen, (480) 991-0720. • The Compassionate Friends, 7 p.m. the second Thursday of every month, College View Baptist Church, 1810 S. Longmore, Mesa. Non-denominational, self-help support organization for families that have experienced the death of a child at any age, from any cause. www.tcfphoenix.org or (480) 659-7575. • Spiritually Based Cancer Support Group, 7 p.m. the third Monday of every month Mountain View Lutheran Church, 11002 S. 48th St. (480) 961-9918. • Mountain Park Community Church offers free Christ-centered yoga classes that are open to the public. Intermediate flow 1-2 class is Mondays from 6 to 7 p.m., beginner/intermediate flow 1 class is Thursdays from 6 to 7 p.m. and a beginner gentle class is Saturdays 9-10 a.m. The church is located at 2408 E. Pecos Road. Hionlife5@aol.com. • Desert Sky MOM (Mothers or Mothers-to-be of Multiples, twins, etc.), 7 p.m. the third Thursday of every month, Arizona Community Church, 9325 S. Rural Road, Tempe. (480) 961-1911. • Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 739 W. Erie St., is offering three non-denominational support classes to those grieving death or divorce. Griefshare on Mondays at 6:30 p.m., DivorceCare and DivorceCare for Kids on Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. (480) 963-4127. • Christ-centered Yoga classes at Mountain Park Community Church, 2408 E. Pecos Road: 9-10 a.m. Saturdays, Gentle classes (for beginners); 6-7 p.m. Mondays, Flow classes (more challenging). (480) 759-6200 or email@example.com. • Temple Beth Sholom, 3400 N. Dobson Road, Chandler, will offer a free class to study Mishna and Talmud, which are commentaries on the Torah from the Jewish perspective. The class will meet from 9:15-10:15 a.m. Sundays and be taught by Talmudic scholar Hanania Levy. All welcome. (480) 897-3636 or www.templebethsholomaz.org. • Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 739 W. Erie St., Chandler, is hosting three classes to those grieving over death or divorce. GriefShare meets Mondays at 6:30 p.m.; DivorceCare and DivorceCare for Kids (DC4K, for ages 5-12) meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays. (480) 963-4127. • Charles and Frances Hunter offer an ongoing free video course on "How to Heal the Sick" at 6 p.m. Sundays and 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Congregational Church, 240 S. Cooper Road, Chandler. Sponsored by Beth El International Outreach Ministries. (480) 628-7729. • A Bible study group meets from 9-11 a.m. Tuesdays at Foothills Baptist Church, 15450 S. 21st St. Free and open to the public. Childcare available. Part of GLOW (Godly Ladies of the Word) Ministries. Linda, (480) 759-2118, ext. 204. • Lamb of God Lutheran Church, 599 E. Chandler Blvd., hosts "Seeing the Light," a 17-lesson Bible information course written for adults to shed biblical light on many of life's questions at 7 p.m. Thursdays. (480) 283-8329. • Chabad of the East Valley holds "Torah Tots" for children ages 2-5 from 10:15-11 a.m. Fridays at members' homes. Included are hands-on activities about the Shabbat, songs, stories and crafts, and all children will make and braid their very own challah. (480) 785-5831. • Temple Beth Sholom, 3400 N. Dobson Road, Chandler, activities: "Rabbi and Me," 11 a.m. Fridays. For children and their caregivers. Celebrate Shabbat through prayer, song, dance, crafts and food. The following groups are open to all willing to learn - no previous knowledge required. "Torah Study," Saturdays following Shabbat services and Kiddush lunch. "Talmud Study," 10 a.m. Sundays. "What Jews Believe," 11 a.m. Sundays. (480) 897-3636. • Reading sessions, for those who read the Bible for pleasure, are held from 7-8 p.m. Tuesdays at the Chandler Seventh-day Adventist Church, 1188 W. Galveston St. Bring a Bible, or Bibles are available at the sessions. Free. Lori, (480) 917-3593. • Hadassah, the Women's Zionist Organization of America, has formed a Hadassah Singles Circle for single, divorced and widowed women. Learn, laugh and meet new friends. (480) 998-1880, ext. 14 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. • Moms In Touch International is a Christian prayer organization that meets weekly (some bi-weekly) to pray for students, teachers and schools. Kyrene de los Cerritos Elementary School, (480) 460-1964; Kyrene de la Colina Elementary School, (480) 598-8616; Kyrene de la Esperanza Elementary School, (480) 706-8443; Kyrene de la Estrella Elementary School, (480) 706-2776; Kyrene de los Lagos Elementary School, (480) 759-1084; Kyrene de las Lomas Elementary School, (480) 598-0444; Kyrene del Milenio Elementary School, (480) 704-1419; Kyrene Monte Vista Elementary School, (480) 759-0745; Kyrene de la Sierra Elementary School, (480) 759-1084; Kyrene Akimel A-al Middle School, (480) 704-1419; Kyrene Altadena Middle School, (480) 706-8895; Kyrene Centennial Middle School, (480) 598-8616; Desert Vista High School, (480) 759-1084; Horizon Community Learning Center, (480) 730-5603; Mountain Pointe High School, (480) 598-8616; Mountain Pointe/Centennial evening group, (480) 785-4885; Valley Christian High School, (480) 893-3089; St. John Bosco, (480) 460-8685; College group, (480) 283-9995; Homeschool group, (480) 759-5162. To start a group, call (480) 759-1084, (480) 598-8616 or visit www.momsintouch.org. • GriefShare, a support group for those struggling with how to deal with a loss in life, meets at 7 p.m. Mondays in room C201 at Chandler Christian Church, 1825 S. Alma School Road, Chandler. Free. Pastor Larry Daily, (480) 963-3997, ext. 141, email@example.com or www.chandlercc.org. • Christ-based Recovery Groups are meetings not just for people with addictions. Women's 12-step meets at 6 p.m. Tuesdays; Men's 12-step meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Mountain Park Community Church, 2408 E. Pecos Rd. (480) 759-6200. • DC4K - DivorceCare for Kids, a support group for children ages 6-12 coping with a separation or divorce in the family, meets 6:30-8:30 p.m. Thursdays in room C202 at Chandler Christian Church, 1825 S. Alma School Road, Chandler. A one-time $10 fee includes snacks and workbook. Pastor Larry Daily, (480) 963-3997, ext. 141, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.chandlercc.org. • Celebrate Recovery Support Group, 6 p.m. Fridays at Ahwatukee Assembly of God, 11832 S. Warner-Elliot Loop. Addressing all types of habits, hurts and hang-ups. Schedule starts with dinner, large group meeting at 7 p.m., small group meetings at 7:45, cafe at 9 p.m. (480) 893-6189. • Gamblers Anonymous, 7:30 p.m. Sundays, Mountain View Lutheran Church, 11002 S. 48th St. (480) 893-2729 or (480) 598-1226. • AARP Grief and Loss Programs Widowed Persons Support Group (WPS) helps newly widowed persons recover from the trauma of a spouse's death and rebuild successful lives. Group meets from 2-4 p.m. Sundays at Mountain View Lutheran Church, 11002 S. 48th St. Group limited to widows/widowers of all ages. Other WPS activities are open to the public, single or married: at 5 p.m. Wednesdays, "out to dinner" (various locations), noon-3:30 p.m. Thursdays, game day/brown-bag lunch followed by bridge/pinochle/dominoes; 10 a.m.-noon second Saturday monthly, general meeting with guest speakers. All groups are non-denominational. Arelene, (480) 893-1661.
Classifieds - Top Real Estate
Classifieds - Ads
- Rawhide rave noise revs up Ahwatukee social media
- ADOT says freeway project will not cover any water line
- 21 tribes seek intervention in freeway case
- Boys state basketball: DV completes comeback over Brophy
- Save Club West continues effort to raise $4 million for golf course purchase
- She left the corporate world to pamper household pets
- Boys state basketball: Thunder move on after beating La Joya
- ABM helps homeowners fight invasion of roof rats
- Reported pot dispensary license upsets Ahwatukee preschool, neighborhood
- Kyrene middle school students to see major change in academics, study opportunities and support
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.