Do you consider yourself a food and wine connoisseur? Perhaps you’re seeking to maintain a healthy lifestyle and reduce stress. Or, maybe you’re a thrill seeker, pursuing your latest adventure. During vacations, you’ve probably squeezed in a good meal, a hike, or maybe a massage. But what if these interests were the focus of your next vacation?
With AAA’s new Travel Experiences, you can do just that. AAA is pleased to provide travelers with unique vacations customized to their various interests. Based on feedback and demand from members and travelers, AAA has recently launched the following Travel Experiences:
• Today’s Traveling Women. This group brings together women who share similar interests who share ideas and travel as a group. To date, approximately 2,000 women have joined, participating in group meetings or trips. Several trips and events are planned throughout the year.
• Food and Wine. Food and wine lovers will savor a variety of domestic and international destinations such as San Francisco, Italy and Spain. Vacations can be as short as three days or as long as 14 days. Themes include The Limoncello Tour and the Chocolate Lovers Tour, and also include a variety of activities like winery tours, cooking classes at local homes, truffle hunting, and more.
• Off the Beaten Path. Outdoor enthusiasts will come together to enjoy a variety of active pursuits, such as walking, hiking, biking and more. Vacations are also rated based on activity level from one to five. For example, a level three could include hiking, biking, rafting or kayaking. Some trips include camping.
• Spa and Wellness Retreats. Travelers looking to enhance well-being will enjoy these experiences. These vacations will be at resorts and spas that offer yoga, healthy eating, and spa treatments like massage and facials. There are five tenets of these retreats: physical activity, stress reduction, spiritual connectedness, nutrition, and environment.
Other categories, such as Golf Getaways and Luxury Escapes, will launch this summer.
For more information on AAA Travel Experiences, visit AAA.com/travelexperiences.
• Linda Gorman is the communications and public affairs director for AAA Arizona. Reach her at (602) 650-2716 or email@example.com.