Four schools in Ahwatukee last week received an A+ School of Excellence award, which the Arizona Educational Foundation gives annually to schools that have passed a rigorous application process touching on all facets of their operation.
Controlled blasting in areas east and west of Desert Foothills Parkway will begin this summer and continue several times a week into next year, when even “more substantial” explosive work will start on South Mountain, the Arizona Department of Transportation has disclosed.
Tempe Union officials are selling a 63-acre plot of land in Ahwatukee that could lead to the construction of as many as 178 new homes not far from the South Mountain Freeway and make the school district co-developers of the project.
While work on the South Mountain Freeway is proceeding quickly, the court effort aimed at stopping it is moving at a snail’s pace.
Ahwatukee residents who have been waiting for the courts or federal administrators to do something about the noise from commercial airliners leaving and heading to Sky Harbor International Airport apparently will have to wait longer.
Ahwatukee teen Anna Alber, recently crowned Miss Estrella Mountains, has an experienced coach to help her prepare for the Miss Arizona Outstanding Teen Pageant.
Long before Nicole Powell was introduced as the new leader of Grand Canyon University women’s basketball program this week, Sara Gorton Slattery was on the same Phoenix campus training distance runners to break through mental barriers.
Ahwatukee’s two legislators were on opposite ends of the debate over Arizona’s universal voucher plan approved last week – and the one on the losing side on Monday apologized to his constituents for its passage.
When Mike Schmitt began his tenure as the Ahwatukee Kiwanis Easter Parade Boss, the parade had a plethora of horses, with categories for solo riders and horse groups.
Classifieds - Ads
- Tempe Union land sale could bring 178 homes to Ahwatukee site
- New delay mires progress of anti-freeway federal appeals case
- Desert Vista High, three Kyrene schools in Ahwatukee given A+ awards
- Freeway blasting starts this summer, several times a week into 2018
- 4 Ahwatukee homes sell for more than $1 million each
- Ahwatukee toddler’s blood disorder weighs heavily on her, parents
- Colorful Easter Parade delights thousands of spectators
- Ahwatukee teen following in her Miss America grandmother’s steps
- Senators question FAA over flight-path changes as court hears arguments
- Ahwatukee Rugby Club prepares for state championship game
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.