Many are braving the Phoenix heat for staycations this summer. If you go to the Arizona Grand Resort in Ahwatukee, be sure to check out this offering:
with baby arugula and goat cheese salad
• 4 cups baby arugula
• 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
• 1/2 watermelon peeled and cut into rectangles
• 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 3 tablespoons high quality extra virgin olive oil
1. Grill watermelon over a very hot grill just long enough to place nice grill marks on both sides and pick up some flavor from the grill.
2. Place watermelon rectangles in refrigerator to cool — you want the watermelon to be very cold when you actually prepare the salad.
3. Remove watermelon from refrigerator and cut into uniform cubes.
4. Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and toss. Enjoy.
• Eric Finney is executive chef at the Arizona Grand Resort. He joined the Ahwatukee resort in 2009 and has more than 12 years of culinary experience working at fine dining restaurants in luxury hotel settings across the country